shad itch,,,,,,

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Not gonna be able to make it until thursday morning. Drop my step son off at ecu and then have an hour before picking up my 2yr old so I'll likely just the town commons

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Not gonna be able to make it until thursday morning. Drop my step son off at ecu and then have an hour before picking up my 2yr old so I'll likely just the town commons

It was elbow to elbow when I went by there yesterday. Mr. Green Jeans was just getting done checking everbody.

JD1107

It was elbow to elbow when I went by there yesterday. Mr. Green Jeans was just getting done checking everbody.

Was it Mr. or Mrs. Green Jeans?? Last Saturday she checked me at the ramp then had Mr. checkme on the water. Went yesterday bite had picked up some from last weekend.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Was it Mr. or Mrs. Green Jeans?? Last Saturday she checked me at the ramp then had Mr. checkme on the water. Went yesterday bite had picked up some from last weekend.

It was Mr. and I’ve never seen him before. We all waved and he looked right at us and didn’t wave back? We had a boat full of kids. Weird based on my experience.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Stopped in a Kinston off Hwy 70 ramp this morning. They were catching a few shad, all hickories. They were not setting the world on fire but catching enough to keep casting waiting for the next bite.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Me and my retired boss tried in our kayaks on Bachelor's Creek here in New Bern on Saturday evening. We saw about 2-3 being caught on other boats, but we got skunked, save for a 4" bream I caught. Of course, we are pretty inexperienced when it comes to shad.

JD1107

Another good day on the water. Thought we had 20 in the box.. guess we need to keep count better haha. Threw double the amount we kept back plus some. Lady’s at work are gonna love me in the morning!

BD53743B-613B-4832-AFB4-43EAC223B25F.jpg

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Fished the town commons in greenville today. Fished an hour caught 4 and lost another 4 to 5 that hit short.

flyingtigerusa

Six Pointer
this weekend will be cold (50 high, 30 low) and windy. is it still good for shad fishing? I wiil go to Weldon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD1107

Fished the town commons in greenville today. Fished an hour caught 4 and lost another 4 to 5 that hit short.

Fished a bank spot yesterday off the Tar and caught 2. Went to the commons right before dark and was able to hook up with 2 more before slipping into the river which ended my day. Seemed like the cold has slowed them down a bit and the size dropped as well.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns

Going to be rough fishing down there now for shad. Was at the park there with my 2 yr old today and they are removing all the big chunks of rock and looks like they are working on a kayak launching platform that will be 20 feet to the left of the pier there. Surely going to reduce bank fishing choices there.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Well I'm gonna have a lot more time this year to hit some shad fishing up once January 2nd hits. Hope this years run is good and that the town commons is fishable with the new finally finished kayak launch pier.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Water running awfully high still and the pier here in greenville is near flooded again and after this weekends rain it likely will be.

We need some dry streaks to get the water levels down before the shadrun hits full force.

JD1107

Water running awfully high still and the pier here in greenville is near flooded again and after this weekends rain it likely will be.

We need some dry streaks to get the water levels down before the shadrun hits full force.
I’m sure you saw what a mess that kayak platform has become. Drove by there Monday and it has turned into another logjam on the river.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I’m sure you saw what a mess that kayak platform has become. Drove by there Monday and it has turned into another logjam on the river.

What a waste of time and money that project was. They could easily have put that on the right side of the pier. Not like kayaks are drawing a ton of water and having that launch on the shallow side would have been fine.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns

Disaster. The structure was torqued a little bit today as the river came up and log jam is getting worse. No way that was a good idea

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-120247_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-120247_Gallery.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20190120-120242_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-120242_Gallery.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 74

JD1107

Like you said. They should have put something in to the right of the dock. It’s a shallow area for yaks and canoes and is out of the current. I don’t see that platform lasting long.

JD1107

One of my friends fished the commons for a bit today during his lunch break. Said he hooked up with one and watched another guy catch one American. It’s about that time!

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
One of my friends fished the commons for a bit today during his lunch break. Said he hooked up with one and watched another guy catch one American. It’s about that time!

Looks like I'm gonna give it a try Thursday then.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Can someone describe pickled shad? I thought I would be a fan of kimchi....but I really couldn’t get into it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Can someone describe pickled shad? I thought I would be a fan of kimchi....but I really couldn’t get into it.

two things here

pickled shad - go to Harris Teeter or some such and by some pickled herring,,,try it,,,of you don't like it you won't like pickled shad

two - kimchi - it has nothing to do with shad,,,,but if you don't like kimchi you have issues!!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
two things here

pickled shad - go to Harris Teeter or some such and by some pickled herring,,,try it,,,of you don't like it you won't like pickled shad

two - kimchi - it has nothing to do with shad,,,,but if you don't like kimchi you have issues!!
:sneaky: