Fast fire III

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
if your dot goes out the sight blocks the beed unless you look through the glass then your looking down on the beed how much does this change POI?

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Depends on distance, barrel length, where you expect point of aim to shoot, ammo velocity šŸ˜Š
Prob high 6ā€ at 30yds

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Ive always paid attention to where the bead is on the target when shooting the FF's in case the dot ever failed.
If I mount the gun and shoot it as always, same cheek weld, same sight picture, the bead would be right above where his beard starts...

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Like @ol Cooper said if you mount the gun the same way each time there should be coronation with the bead and the red dot. If you are mounted off to one side or up and down they will be on a different plain and not coronate with each other . If the red dot is working and sighted in go with the red dot in an unconventional hold like a right-handed person trying to pull off a left-handed shot. When in doubt go with the dot has worked for me. If the red dot is not working remove it. If you can not keep a good cheek weld on the stock and lift your head up to see the bead the bead is more than likely useless and will shot high .

Last edited:

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
if I use the ff3 as a rear sight Iā€™m hitting way way off. Iā€™d have to aim at its feet at 30-40 yards. But mine is on a rail and my bead is low.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Ive always paid attention to where the bead is on the target when shooting the FF's in case the dot ever failed.
If I mount the gun and shoot it as always, same cheek weld, same sight picture, the bead would be right above where his beard starts...
Good idea need to watch for that, Thanks for that input!!!!!

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've got a Benelli SBE II that shoots high. If I hold the bead where the gobbler's beard meets his body, it will bust his beak @ 30 yards. With the FF III in a Speed Bead mount, I hold the red dot right over the bead and it centers the pattern on his head @ 30. I don't need the sight to be turned on to kill turkeys with the bead, but it definitely helps.

Jim

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I run a Leupold that is mounted on a rail. 3 star head screws hold it on. I keep a key handy in my vest. If it goes bad, Iā€™m like Jim up above, I shoot a high shooting SBE3 and I know where to aim at. If it goes really bad, I can take it off in a pinch.