Turkey season is upon us early

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Looks like someone took a crack at my turkeys. Found a wad 20yrds off the road and my birds have been like clockwork up until 2 days ago when they didn’t show to feed in the oat field. It amazes me what people will do these days.

Attachments

• 1E849602-FAA4-4EDA-985E-412E469EC893.jpeg
    1E849602-FAA4-4EDA-985E-412E469EC893.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 37

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like someone took a crack at my turkeys. Found a wad 20yrds off the road and my birds have been like clockwork up until 2 days ago when they didn’t show to feed in the oat field. It amazes me what people will do these days.
Maybe they self identified this month as April🙈

Can’t have nothing no more , lawlessness is rampant

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Maybe they self identified this month as April🙈

Can’t have nothing no more , lawlessness is rampant
I don’t even hunt them but let people/kids hunt them. I guess it was too tempting with those Tom’s strutting 30 yards off the road.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
it was too tempting with those Tom’s strutting 30 yards off the road.

we have a similar problem on a piece of our lease,,, field on the road and often has turkeys in it,,, folks take their chances on them and get one once in a while (based on evidence),, catching is another story,,,I'd have to give up hunting myself to stop it

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You need a drone and a nerd.

had one fellow come in early morning (before day light),,, he didn't know I was right there (advantage of not using a light),,,, as he was setting up a decoy in the field I walked up on him,,,, asked him "what are you doing" when I was 15 feet behind him,,,poor fellow made unnatural noises as he twisted around,,,probably had a drawers issue too,,, tried to tell me how he was "on the gamelands",,, I said "nope, your a few miles short of any gamelands field",,,

he picked up and left

don't need a nerd,,, just need a tethered drone and a rover system,,, you buying?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
had one fellow come in early morning (before day light),,, he didn't know I was right there (advantage of not using a light),,,, as he was setting up a decoy in the field I walked up on him,,,, asked him "what are you doing" when I was 15 feet behind him,,,poor fellow made unnatural noises as he twisted around,,,probably had a drawers issue too,,, tried to tell me how he was "on the gamelands",,, I said "nope, your a few miles short of any gamelands field",,,

he picked up and left

don't need a nerd,,, just need a tethered drone and a rover system,,, you buying?
If I'm buying, you get the nerd by default.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Find any feathers?

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns

he picked up and left

I'd "pilot" the drone if I could watch the encounter. Lmbo. I'm not a nerd btw. By my standards.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well if you ever need anyone to guard that field with a 12 gauge just let me know😁 to be serious though hope didn't happen hate poachers