Signs of spring

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lots of robins in the yard yesterday. Lots of Spring songs too. But it was freezing here this morning so it's not quite here yet.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Saw a group of about 15-20 birds driving back from Atlantic Beach this morning (I was driving, not the birds). Only weaved a little bit...
I've seen them in that field several times. Wonder if I can get permission???

whitty

Six Pointer
Walked out this morning to head to work and the birds were hammering it. Sat and listened for as long as I could but finally had to head to work.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a group of about 15-20 birds driving back from Atlantic Beach this morning (I was driving, not the birds). Only weaved a little bit...
I've seen them in that field several times. Wonder if I can get permission???

I pass a field in the area that is chock full of birds almost daily. I wonder if we’re talking about the same place.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone who drives that section of road between Raleigh and MHC/AB knows that group of turkeys.

Yep. Now I know which ones.

There is a different group closer, that looks like someone's farm flock. I've seen them so many time and I still swerve and shout "turkeys!" like some idiot while my kids roll their eyes after seeing them for the 1,483rd time.

JW1987

Button Buck
I hope they aren’t gobbled out by the time the season starts. I wonder how this early spring is going to play into this season.

JW1987

Button Buck
Gotta be able to blame it on something, haha. Buddy saw a huge flock cross the road bout a mile from the house the other evening. I had 7 jakes living around the house last year, hope a few made it to this year. I’m itching to talk to em.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Got a flock of 49 below the house a few days ago. Flock getting little smaller as the days go by. Yesterday was only 31.

bhwaugh1

Six Pointer
They were rocking this morning. I went to one of my draws this morning to scout and heard quite a few birds on the limb. Shut off shortly after fly down.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I hope they aren’t gobbled out by the time the season starts. I wonder how this early spring is going to play into this season.
They'll be just fine as far as that goes only thing consider with early spring is hunter comfort if its hot and more importantly is where will they be/how they use land. Like in mtns creek bottoms green up 1st so normally they'd start there then move on up on ridges as spring warms up if get real early spring may not be in usual places to start season but they'll still be hollering. If your in one areas with good hatch a more diff obstacle might be lots hens to deal with

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
I sat on the back porch and listened to a group of gobblers wear it out this morning until about 7:30. First time I’ve heard them this year. Come April 1st I hope they are still hanging out on the neighboring property. In years past they would move on to a bigger chunk of property where I can’t make a play on them (legally). That property got clear cut this fall so hoping that will work in my favor.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Saw a flock of 10 hens a few miles down the road two evenings ago. I looked for a strutter, but didn't see any...he also could have been in the woods, out of sight. Turkey season is getting closer every day.

Jim

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
First pics in a long time. Was getting concerned. Hope it picks up.

Attachments

• b45d58a3-7492-4a2a-9191-670d91bb8b89.jpg
    b45d58a3-7492-4a2a-9191-670d91bb8b89.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 18