Looks like it COULD be a chilly March!!

Attachments

• 36F03BEE-AF6E-489D-BA56-3C57E699E3F1.png
    36F03BEE-AF6E-489D-BA56-3C57E699E3F1.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: jug

Clark

Ten Pointer
Some of the weatehr models are calling for a cold blast (well below freezing) in a couple weeks. What does that do to the birds?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Some of the weatehr models are calling for a cold blast (well below freezing) in a couple weeks. What does that do to the birds?
Basically nothing they'll be more frisky on perfect gobbling mornings but I've seen/watched them tear it up and strut for girls in some our winter snows we get strut marks in snow are pretty site

Clark

Ten Pointer
Basically nothing they'll be more frisky on perfect gobbling mornings but I've seen/watched them tear it up and strut for girls in some our winter snows we get strut marks in snow are pretty site
Then I need some cold weather! Not likely to see snow here in the Piedmont in April, though. Thanks.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I have always seemed to have good success on cold crisp dry mornings......probably no correlation but all of my roosted is roasted mornings it was at or below freezing. I'd much rather turkey hunting in 40-50 degree weather than 80s-90s.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Mercy this morning woulda been perfect morning for boys to be feeling frisky going for 1st listen in SC tomorrow

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dogwoods have just started to bloom down in Fayetteville near Fayetteville State University

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I think you gonna be a happy man.
Seeing them strutting round up here just makes me think they gonna be talking down there.
They have been talking down there for 5 weeks. On my drive through sc 4 weeks ago there were strutters all over the place and lots of gobbling. Drove down through sc today and same thing except the flocks aren’t as big. At the wedding this evening there were a couple toms blowing the woods down beside us……best part of the whole event.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve been at the Biltmore all weekend. I’ve lost count on the number of turkeys I’ve seen. Flocks of 50+ all over the place. Saw one flock of 20+ long beards!! Too bad you can’t hunt in here but it sure is cool to see all these birds.

Reactions: jug

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Is anyone seeing any robins? This time of year my yard is usually filled with robins, but I haven't seen a one so far. Wondering if there has been a die off?