Daily Fitness/workout thread

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Was gonna ride another Solo Century today but the Headwind was brutal with no one to pull and I threw in the towel when it started pouring rain 😁
Zone 2 focused pacing....
20230223_145129.jpg

Edited to add...

Also turned the day into a big Brick after the bike ride. Managed to get in a Zone 1&2 easy HIM Swim @ 1:42 to 1:44/100 followed by an easy Zone 2 Six Mile MAF Run... Today was good ....
Screenshot_20230223-195614_Myzone.jpg

20230223_201034.jpg

Last edited:

waitup

Four Pointer
More BJJ for me. 45 min of technique work and 15 min of rolling. Gotta love when the guy 20 years younger than me says he doesn't have any cardio!

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bike build week is complete, so now it’s time for a couple recovery days although easy swimming is still an option.

Did a mini 40K time-trial (0.5 tenths short) with tired legs after ~19 hours for this training week, and did it on the heavier and less aero vintage Cervelo P2k 9spd (Poor man's P3 😁 ). My vintage Cervelo P3 is quite a bit faster :cool:

Resting HR is normally 39-44 but this morning it was ~57 to 64 so that’s definitely a clue grandpa needs some recovery time 😁
20230224_155720.jpg

Heart Rate data from the TT:
Screenshot_20230224-160342_Myzone.jpg

What I saw before putting my feet on the floor to start the day:
20230221_131215.jpg

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Just knocked out a 15 mile bike ride. The route I choose was steeper I expected. My legs are bit wobbly.

Probably do a long run tomorrow

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Today is a longer ride on the trainer, yesterday was Upper body on weights.. tomorrow is a short bike ride and leg day.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Soaked in the hot tub and did an easy paced recovery Freestyle Swim around 1:50 to 1:55/100

Screenshot_20230225-151039_Myzone.jpg

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Amazing what just 1 day of rest does so maybe the rain is a good thing TK 😁

I woke this morning and I'm slowly drifting back to my normal HR.
One more day off then back at it Monday
20230226_071540.jpg

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Decided to change it up and get some hill work in for my long run today at South Mountain State Park. The hills were killer. Run started at the Park entrance, up to the “High Shoals Falls,” then out to the summit of the “Headquarters Trail” and back down to the Park entrance, taking the back trails and loops through the campgrounds. I think it was ~ 3000’ of elevation gain for the 8-9 miles. By the heart rate data, you can tell where the steep climbs were 😁
Now it’s time to go get in either a 1.2 or 2.4 mile swim…
20230227_101822.jpg

Screenshot_20230227-145703_Myzone.jpg

Edited to add:
I'm easily amused and just the little milestones tickle me pink 😁
Tonight's swim per 100 :cool:
20230227_175106.jpg

Last edited:

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Set out this morning for a 100 mile bike ride but it wasn’t meant to be. First time ever having 2 back 2 back flats for me, then having to walk the bike back to the vehicle 😁
Note to self.., start carrying readers to inspect the tire after changing tubes. Lol
First flat I thought I had pinched the tube, but after the second flat with my readers on, I noticed the sidewall of the tire was split..

Only 60 miles for the day but I’ll take it :cool:
20230228_163407.jpg

20230228_164158.jpg

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
That's right where I am for the year. Early January was rough with whatever sickness was going around. Picked up pretty good in February. I'm shooting for 1000 this year, which is a bit of a jump from last year... so I'll see how it goes.
Good luck with it 👍

cncwmg

Four Pointer
That's right where I am for the year. Early January was rough with whatever sickness was going around. Picked up pretty good in February. I'm shooting for 1000 this year, which is a bit of a jump from last year... so I'll see how it goes.
Good luck with it 👍
Good luck to you as well!

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Today is my last day of vacation training camp bike build, then back to work 🥺
Probably do either 30 or 60 around Buffalo Cove and a 2.4 mile swim.
Next week will start back the run focused build. 2 months till the first race of the season 😁😎

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
How long of a taper are you doing?
About 4 weeks based on my last long run. I did a bunch of high tempo short runs last week. The next couple weeks it will just be slow and easy moderate distance runs.

I’ll add that I’m doing a different taper than last time. I also trained differently. Last time by the time I got to my taper I was exhausted and hurt. This time I feel great. Minor aches here and there but nothing major. And I’m not tired.

Last edited:

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Managed to do 2 hours & 20 minutes in Zone 1 today. 2.4 mile swim @~1:45/100, an indoor track run, chest & back weights, and finished with a cool down spin on the stationary bike.
Time for a rest day tomorrow 😎

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If anyone here has done Ironman Florida by all means please post up suggestions and some strategery points that helped you cross the line. Anything is appreciated by this grandpa 😁😎
Ran across this and it seems pretty decent:

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hit the trails to play in the mud this morning. Dodged puddles and fallen trees after the storms but the weather was good.
This afternoon my wife had one small tree she wanted cut down... so I fire up the stihl and take care of it, then I look around since there had to be something else that needed to be cut. I guess I got caught up in the smell of bar oil and those long shavings piling up... on the 6th tree I realized that I had to clean up all my cutting fun. So I'm going to be dragging limbs for the next few days. So far I probably got 10 miles in between the yard and the edge of the woods..

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Managed to get in a MAF Brick prior to Night Shift.
21 mile bike
4 mile run
:20 stationary cool down spin to finish up..