Nascar is dead....

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Looks close to full now, I’m sure it’ll be full by the green flag. Takes a lot of butts to fill all them seats.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm not running them down at all because I will always watch the races, regardless of who is racing but the attendance is still way, way off from what it was in years past. Don't forget that it wasn't but 8 years ago that they removed 46K seats from the backstretch. There was a time when even with that, it was a sell out.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not running them down at all because I will always watch the races, regardless of who is racing but the attendance is still way, way off from what it was in years past. Don't forget that it wasn't but 8 years ago that they removed 46K seats from the backstretch. There was a time when even with that, it was a sell out.
Yep. I believe it was Martinsville and darlington last year that they said were sell outs. I was at both races and there was plenty of seats left open.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Bubba just did a great job saving his car and not taking out the whole field. That 2 car bump draft pushed him into the wall while he was leading. Held his line well and saved the field.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I used to pay moderate attention to NASCAR but I haven’t kept up in the past 20 years.

What has happened that makes people pissed?? 🤷‍♂️

specialk

Twelve Pointer
That pic was 2 hrs before green flag...my 1st Daytona 500....place was a freaking nightmare.....never seen so many people in my life....great race....very little single file runs.....still hate the finishing under yellow crap.....glad a chevy won...hate chase got wrecked out....glad season is underway....

specialk

Twelve Pointer
I’m not on any of social media crap. I just found out that Truex and Sherry split up. Not sure why but that kinda pisses me off.

Yeah, her cancer is under control but she hadnt been seen at the track since the middle of last season....they never married and had no children....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
That pic was 2 hrs before green flag...my 1st Daytona 500....place was a freaking nightmare.....never seen so many people in my life....great race....very little single file runs.....still hate the finishing under yellow crap.....glad a chevy won...hate chase got wrecked out....glad season is underway....

They really need to change the ruling at these super speedways. Bristol...yes, Richmond, absolutely but imo at Daytona and Talladega....absolutely dumbest rule ever.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There was a culture war - where NASCAR had a chance to stand up to its advertisers, but wouldn't have done so from a position of strength (after Dale died). The woke saw that opening.....gambled.....and won.

NASCAR caved.

THE END

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t understand the hate of the green whit checker. Not saying I’m a fan of it, but I just don’t understand when people don’t like that to finish a race. They used to finish races under a caution lap.

If you had the lead with 3 to go and they couldn’t get the track cleaned up in time, you won. The man in 2nd had no chance, atleast with the Green White Checker, he’s got a shot.