New metal bldg

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I learned something new in a meeting yesterday. A lot of the spray foam is not tested and listed to be applied to metal. Might want to keep that in mind if dealing with building inspectors šŸ¤·

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I learned something new in a meeting yesterday. A lot of the spray foam is not tested and listed to be applied to metal. Might want to keep that in mind if dealing with building inspectors šŸ¤·
My spray will be after the finalā€¦.I know what Iā€™m gettingā€¦. We already sprayed a buddyā€™s shop! Thanks for the info-

whitty

Six Pointer
Will the spray foam hold moisture at all. I know most metals sweat. Maybe the foam will keep it from doing that at all but just wondering.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
the metal sweats due to the different air temperatures causing the moisture to build up. The spray foam keeps the temperatures change and moisture off the inside of the metal.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Plenty of boats have had to have the floor ripped up to remove closed cell foam because it was full of water. I watched a video where a guy put 4x4 sheets of xps foam in his pole barn. Probably the route I would go for a shop

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Iā€™m re-imaging my laptopā€¦.. got to wait until it hits 55 degrees then I may go watch!

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Be prepared to walk around and pick up about 2000 self drilling screws. Lol
The crew that did mine didnā€™t leave a lot, but a few friends picked up a small bucket full when theirs was done.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Be prepared to walk around and pick up about 2000 self drilling screws. Lol
The crew that did mine didnā€™t leave a lot, but a few friends picked up a small bucket full when theirs was done.
First thing the man pulled of the truck was a rolling magnet- but I will patrol it myself!!

JayR

Four Pointer
Do you need to cover the foam with anything? Seems like it could be a fire hazard (similar to exposed kraft-faced insulation).

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Nice Scotty. I imagine this as your bat cave. Not only for work, hunting/fishing etc. But also where you mastermind your epic trolling responses to people on NextDoor

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do you need to cover the foam with anything? Seems like it could be a fire hazard (similar to exposed kraft-faced insulation).
Yes- going to cover up 8 ft for now- the stuff burns but itā€™s not like a lint ball out of a clothes dryer. I lit a piece out of curiosity the other day and it was actually difficult to get started.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice Scotty. I imagine this as your bat cave. Not only for work, hunting/fishing etc. But also where you mastermind your epic trolling responses to people on NextDoor
Got a ways to go, but yes there will be a lot of good times out there! It will be nice to have somewhere to park tractor, mower, 4 wheeler and be able to tinker! Iā€™m closing in a 12x30 for the ā€œLOUNGEā€ā€¦.. fishing and hunting stuff, deer heads, turkey mounts and suchā€¦ā€¦ bourbon, beer (Coors)enjoyment area! No mo Natty's !