Daily Fitness/workout thread

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Post your workout for the day here. It will help motivate you and others. It will also give others ideas on how to change up their routine or expand their training and meet your goals.

I’ll start.

Jan 27- 5 mile run at 8:45/mile pace. 50 push ups x 3 sets. 50 sit-ups x 3 sets.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Today is a lift and cardio day.. 30 to an hour on the bike (it is a trainer guided program via nordictrak, yesterday was a ride on a Turkish island across from Istanbul) then the gym is 4 sets of 10 each, back row, lat pull downs, lower back extensions, shoulder press, bicep curls, triceps push downs, and bench press.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Timing. For a couple of months now I have been doing some arm exercises to keep my joints from locking up. Lying in bed all the time is not a good thing, especially for an old body. I usually do 3 sets of 4 different lifts with a 7 lb. dumbell followed by 10 deep breathing draws on a Volumetric to fight against pneumonia. Yesterday I was able to pick up a Bowflex to give me more options and also to work on my legs which have atrophied to virtually nothing. This is a must do for me or I am toast.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do the same workout.....week after week.

Mon/Wed/Fri - weight training for about 0:40. Same 5 exercises, every time (bench press, preacher curls, decline bench, abs & dips)

Tues/Thurs/Sat Sun I run. Distance is proportional to my current weight. If I walk 18 holes of golf on the weekend, I skip running that day. It's a good substitute.

Same-ol-same-ol. It works. I'm 58.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have to admit, I'm not nearly the man I used to be. I'm 59 now, and in my younger days, I ran 3-5 miles 5 or 6 days a week and worked out with weights 5 days a week.

Now, since heart valve replacement 18 years ago, I found that I couldn't maintain the same pace as before, and then I started developing tendonitis in my knee and plantar fasciitis in my feet...all exacerbated by running.

So, now my routine is treadmill walking 3 days a week, MWF. Monday is incline/decline every 2 minutes for 3 miles. Wednesday is the same, except with a 15 lb. backpack. Friday is usually the same as Monday.
On Tuesdays I do upper body weights. Can't do much bench pressing due to left shoulder issues, but I work around that with alternate exercises. On Thursdays I do lower body. None of my weight lifting is heavy. I'm just looking to maintain. So, today is a 3 mile incline/decline treadmill workout.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Keep in mind young folks that I'm 77 years old. Monday thru Friday 45 minutes to an hour of either weights or recumbent bike, alternate three days of weights and two of bike to three of bike and two of weights every other week. I always start the workout with some yoga type stretches. After that and some breakfast if the weather is good, I go outside and work in the yard, garden, hunting etc. Some days I use a chainsaw two or three hours. Sat morning is usually spent in the woods having to do with hunting. Sunday is my rest day except during hunting season. I've been doing some type of workout routine for close to fifty years and I know that it helps keep me healthy.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I do the same workout.....week after week.

Mon/Wed/Fri - weight training for about 0:40. Same 5 exercises, every time (bench press, preacher curls, decline bench, abs & dips)

Tues/Thurs/Sat Sun I run. Distance is proportional to my current weight. If I walk 18 holes of golf on the weekend, I skip running that day. It's a good substitute.

Same-ol-same-ol. It works. I'm 58.
Any idea what the distance is walking 18 ? I know a lot of things play into it but just curious roughly what it would be.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Any idea what the distance is walking 18 ? I know a lot of things play into it but just curious roughly what it would be.
Roughly 5 miles. It'll depend on your course (yardage and distance between greens and tees), AND how straight you hit it :)

6,500 Yd course /1,760 yds = 3.7 mi. you'll walk AT A MINIMUM. Add in 30-40 yds (avg. dist. between green and tee) and that's another nearly half a mile. Add in some for hitting it crooked....and I just figure it's +/- 5 mi. (on my home course).

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

Assuming you aren’t playing from the ladies tee and keeping it somewhat in the fairway…

Assume 6800 yards + 15% for spraying it in every direction, gets a 7800 yard course.

(7800*3)/5280 = 4.4 miles.

Lakeview Bear

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Every weekday - 10 mins running on a treadmill or elliptical - 40 mins with weights alternating body groups everyday. My goal has been to lose a couple pounds a week without burning myself out or getting hurt. (which has been my downfall in the past). So far after a year, I've finally gotten the routine pretty ingrained.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Not running these days - trying to squeeze more time out of the day and will likely crank it back up in warmer weather.

Daily dog walk 2.5 miles, 14-15 min pace
Barbell routine 3-4 days/week. Some heavy, some cardio, inc push-ups, chin-up routine.

The rest of the day I sit on my butt and talk on the phone. Thrilling.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
hit a 1 rep deadlift personal record then did a 15 minute conditioning workout with jump rope, lunges, pullups. Good day
what was your record.. my lower back does not like me deadlifting unfortunately.. but a PR is always (y) regardless of how much it is.

L.P.

Four Pointer
Contributor
I do a full body weight routine in 4-5 days days each week & mix in cardio before or after the weights. After retiring & helping my son with his const. business I get enough cardio trying to keep up with them young boys climbing ladders & working! Having built my own home gym helps with having time to do it & not having to drive to town to a gym.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
5 to 6 mile run at track 6 days per week. And I’m still fat. I go first thing in morning. I think I need to reference back to the drinking thread. I would probably lose some weight if I laid off those darn beers. 🍺
Holy cow, dude.....That's no small (run) volume. If you were CLOSE to diligent with your diet, the #s would fall off you.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
15 minute warmup/stretches. 30 minutes of jiu-jitsu technique and 6 x 5 minute live drilling/rolls. Finished with 20 minutes of sauna @210º
I started the month at 176 pounds and weighed in at 167 this morning. Feeling great!

Last edited:

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
At least 2 nights a week I follow a walker and a bluetick up and down hills and hollows for my cardio, and lift hay and feed daily and sometimes I get to fight fire.