College Basketball 2022-2023

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Let's get it going on that VT punch to the throat to Filipowski.

I felt bad for both of them but I’m thankful they didn’t call anything. The kid was celebrating the play and had no idea that philipowski was behind him when he made the fist pump. Unfortunate circumstances but thankfully philipowski can go to the clubs in Blacksburg tonight without going to the hospital first

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Practically identical… except that one incident was an ordered hit by Coach K and the other was a hard basketball play by Leaky.
ok I looked- I cant find anything close to what you are saying. So link us up.
I can find that hansbrough was still in the game and trying to pour it on poor duke who was down 20 or so with a minute to go so yeah you kinda expect someone to take exception to that but as far as K ordering it? Nah.

Now i did find all the theories that unc fans created because of their hatred of K but cant find that smoking gun and have never even heard that until your post. So enlighten me.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I felt bad for both of them but I’m thankful they didn’t call anything. The kid was celebrating the play and had no idea that philipowski was behind him when he made the fist pump. Unfortunate circumstances but thankfully philipowski can go to the clubs in Blacksburg tonight without going to the hospital first
Did he cry?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Looked like it hurt for sure. Agree it appeared to be inadvertent, but the guy could’ve acted a little more concerned or apologetic when it happened. Instead he acted like he really didn’t give a $#!T.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
ok I looked- I cant find anything close to what you are saying. So link us up.
I can find that hansbrough was still in the game and trying to pour it on poor duke who was down 20 or so with a minute to go so yeah you kinda expect someone to take exception to that but as far as K ordering it? Nah.

Now i did find all the theories that unc fans created because of their hatred of K but cant find that smoking gun and have never even heard that until your post. So enlighten me.
The link is a former Duke assistant who is now at a Louisville…

And who cares if Hansbrough was still pouring it on. If Henderson was in the game, Coach K hadn’t pulled his starters out either. Throw in the towel and pull your guys, or take the tail whooping. But don’t hurt a guy.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Looked like it hurt for sure. Agree it appeared to be inadvertent, but the guy could’ve acted a little more concerned or apologetic when it happened. Instead he acted like he really didn’t give a $#!T.

Yeah I thought that too about his reaction but still there’s no way he knew he was there. Not classy on his part

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
He (Leaky) made a play on the ball that resulted in a hard foul. The difference is Henderson didn't attempt to make a play on the ball he just put his elbow into Tyler's face. One was a basketball play the other was a physical attack.

But don't let me stop you from firing up the spin machine.
^^^^^this.......even My 5 month old dog had this figured out. Even keatts said it was a basketball play .....he was going for the ball which he almost got.

and I am so glad they called a flop tonight on Duke. there were several in the game and finally they called it. real men dont Flop .

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns

And who cares if Hansbrough was still pouring it on. If Henderson was in the game, Coach K hadn’t pulled his starters out either. Throw in the towel and pull your guys, or take the tail whooping. But don’t hurt a guy.
yep K was a dirty coach. thats why that one guy kept tripping players.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Kansas on the verge of dropping 3 in a row now after looking like the team to beat. Comers and goers I tell ya. The acc will be shining once again come march while everyone is paying attention to the big 12 and the little 10 conferences. And Purdue is a joke. Any of the bigs in the acc would eat that bug Edey kid for breakfast.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
no, it was a play on the ball unlike hendersons and lets not forget who wa sthe kid that was known for tripping??? Duke is known for cheap shots.
Oh yes that is why it is so hard to understand unc going to the dark side and sending folks to the hospital and getting ejected.
Dean would have thrown leaky off the team. Really a shame to see the CLass Act disappear in chapel hill.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

Well apparently Henderson cared

Don’t hurt a guy?
Sure wish leaky had thought of that.
Who is that coach and where is the info

I

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Kansas on the verge of dropping 3 in a row now after looking like the team to beat. Comers and goers I tell ya. The acc will be shining once again come march while everyone is paying attention to the big 12 and the little 10 conferences. And Purdue is a joke. Any of the bigs in the acc would eat that bug Edey kid for breakfast.
Well one of the acc bigs has had his chance with Purdue and it went poorly for the local team.
Purdue has slightly better future betting odds than unc or Virginia on winning the natty. I hope you are right about the acc making a run.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
You can do better than that
That’s unc propaganda taking Keats out of context
Did you miss the part about officials saying he wasn’t making a play on the ball
Or that Keats was wanting to look at the play further
Black eye for leaky : Davis ; and the program.
Do I need to post pack pride’s version for context? Lol.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
State is like 52 -12 agianst UNC the last 60 plus games.......sure state may win in raleigh then but then it will be 52-13 ..............
You obviously don't understand how wins/losses are conveyed....lol (or what a 'basketball play' looks like)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Oh yes that is why it is so hard to understand unc going to the dark side and sending folks to the hospital and getting ejected.
Dean would have thrown leaky off the team. Really a shame to see the CLass Act disappear in chapel hill.

Do you remember Makhtar N'Diaye? Dean recruited him from michigan. Biggest goober to ever wear the blue.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
Well apparently Henderson cared

Don’t hurt a guy?
Sure wish leaky had thought of that.
Who is that coach and where is the info

I
Henderson was given orders by Coach K. Henderson and Hansbrough are friends, Henderson spent more time in Chapel Hill with Tyler and Wayne then he did in Durham.

You know which coach just left Duke (or from what I gathered got pushed out) and went to Louisville. Keep up

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
Regarding the throat punch last night…Scheyer is a much different coach than K. No way K lets that go so easily.

Riddle me this and make it make sense though-
How can a player throat punch an opponent while celebrating a shot and get away with it, yet another player goes for a block and accidentally hits a guy in the head and it is a flagrant 2 and ejection?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Do you remember Makhtar N'Diaye? Dean recruited him from michigan. Biggest goober to ever wear the blue.
I rode up the elevator in the dean dome one night with his brother. We were both picking up player tickets to the duke unc game.
He went to duke. he didnt even like his brother. LOL

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Regarding the throat punch last night…Scheyer is a much different coach than K. No way K lets that go so easily.

Riddle me this and make it make sense though-
How can a player throat punch an opponent while celebrating a shot and get away with it, yet another player goes for a block and accidentally hits a guy in the head and it is a flagrant 2 and ejection?
That's an easy one. Refs said leaky did not make a play on the ball. You keep forgetting that. An inconvenient truth eh?

Who is the coach- I cant keep up? What did he say and where can it be found- except in unc folklore?

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
That's an easy one. Refs said leaky did not make a play on the ball. You keep forgetting that. An inconvenient truth eh?

Who is the coach- I cant keep up? What did he say and where can it be found- except in unc folklore?
The VA Tech player definitely did not make a play on the ball when he throat punched Flip. Makes no sense

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Henderson was given orders by Coach K. Henderson and Hansbrough are friends, Henderson spent more time in Chapel Hill with Tyler and Wayne then he did in Durham.

You know which coach just left Duke (or from what I gathered got pushed out) and went to Louisville. Keep up

Coach k did not order Henderson to take out hansbrough lol Unc got the best of Duke most of the time during that 4 year span and I’m sure they were tired of getting smoked……I don’t think Henderson was trying to break his nose but wasn’t going to let hansbrough have anything easy. The difference is how it looked on camera…..it looked very intentional whether it was or not. Even if I wasn’t a unc fan the leaky black play did not look like an intentional play with malice to hurt someone. The foul was not what hurt the kid, it was the fall and landing. Gerald physically broke Tyler’s nose with his arm/elbow and the ball really wasn’t close to whatever Gerald was aiming at. But to think coach k was telling his best player to try and take out the crosstown rival’s best player is over the top. Things like that could back fire really quickly.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I rode up the elevator in the dean dome one night with his brother. We were both picking up player tickets to the duke unc game.
He went to duke. he didnt even like his brother. LOL

That’s understandable……N’Diaye was the biggest knucklehead to ever put on a unc uniform.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
Even if I wasn’t a unc fan the leaky black play did not look like an intentional play with malice to hurt someone. The foul was not what hurt the kid, it was the fall and landing.
Leaky had no intention of hurting Smith I agree, but the VA Tech kid celebrated last night and throat punched Flip with no malicious intention either. How come one is a flagrant and the other is not?

At least Leaky’s was a basketball play.