Kitchen Aide Mixer Cuber Attachment

Bean

Eight Pointer
Just thought I would give my .02 cent opinion for this attachment for my wife’s mixer. I wanted to get some cube steak done this year from my kill but the guy that does my meat said he didn’t get enough people wanting it regular enough to justify doing it anymore so he just does burger and sausage now. I have looked at this attachment several times but been on the fence about it. I’m glad I finally went through with the purchase. It worked great once I got my cut thickness figured out. I know you can get the hand rollers that work good but that just wasn’t the route I wanted to go. It’s the best $60 bucks I’ve given to Amazon thus far so if anyone else has ever been on the fence about it I recommend it.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
We got a knock off grinder for our kitchen aid and it works very well. I don’t run it for long periods of time but it’ll grind 10 pounds pretty quick without abusing the machines. Works for me for 50-60 bucks. I don’t have an interest in cube steaks but for that kinda money, it’s a safe gamble.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Bought one for my wife, and she hasn't used it yet..........I know, there should be a joke here somewhere......sadly, there isnt
Ive got a joke if you need it.

As far as the OP, I think we've been acquainted with most the KA attachments and they all work within their limits. Based on that, I'd say the cuber deserves a shot.

Bean

Eight Pointer
It's just hard for me to imagine anyone that processes meat product not having a cuber! Or, that does nothing but ground.....
The guy that does mine runs a butcher shop he has the equipment he said he just has so few people requesting cube steak (from venison) that it takes him twice as long to clean the machine as it does to cube it so it’s not worth his time. I completely understand that. He doesn’t advertise deer processing and only does it in weekends so if I have to cube my own I’m good. He makes the finest sausage I’ve had.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Reckon I should get a cuber huh?

I should remember that on this site I have to explain in full what I type. I just didn't add the words "commercially" or "as a business or sideline". I wouldn't expect individuals butchering their own at home to invest in a cuber. I actually cube a significant amount of mine, and many that bring their deer to us at my friend's shop do also. We have the main machine as well as a backup there and I have one at home. All Hobart units. At one time they were affordable, but those days are mostly gone as I've seen used ones bringing upwards of $1200 at auction.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ I run through a pile of meat. If I want cube steak I just pound it out with a meat mallet and a ziplock.

I’d love to have some old equipment but even the junk is high as giraffe balls anymore!

Well, when we process 20+ deer on an average cut day with probably 13 to 16 wanting cubed, I just don't think I want to be pounding with a mallet.
But yes, the machines have gotten ridiculously high over the last 5 or so years. Not really affordable for an individual doing just a few deer a year.
Hard for me to imagine a processor that doesn't get enough requests for cube to justify using it. And, they're not that hard to clean after use.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have a cube steak attachment for the grinder. Pull off the grinding attachment, slide in the cuber, and back to work. I've cubed deer steak since I was a young kid. Back then we had a separate dedicated machine for it. Now we swap out the attachments.

To me a cuber is a necessity, even for the do-it-yourselfer at home. I've never used the Kitchen Aide attachment, but if you've got a mixer, and no cuber, I'd give it a shot.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Cubed steak really isn't a thing up here, wish it was though I enjoyed eating a pile of cubed deer, and likely from that shop @bigten is talking about

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
cubed is for burger imo. Never made many soups or stews with deer. If I did, I'd just pull a roast anyway.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Well, when we process 20+ deer on an average cut day with probably 13 to 16 wanting cubed, I just don't think I want to be pounding with a mallet.
But yes, the machines have gotten ridiculously high over the last 5 or so years. Not really affordable for an individual doing just a few deer a year.
Hard for me to imagine a processor that doesn't get enough requests for cube to justify using it. And, they're not that hard to clean after use.
I understand that. My point was that I cut the steaks, then ‘cube’ them on an as needed/wanted basis. Cubing a whole deer at once, with a hammer, would certainly be a PITA. But 3-6 steaks before supper? I can’t even justify a $200 attachment for my grinder🤷‍♂️

Bean

Eight Pointer
Cube steak with mushroom gravy on rice. Boom.

Salisbury steak, (tangy tomato sauce) and mashed taters and cooked cabbage. Double boom.
Exactly I throw it in the crockpot before I go to work and all I have to do that night is make the mashed taters or rice. So good it’ll make a hound kiss a bulldog