You can buy ONE car, what are you buying?

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
70 cuda. Sadly we have one setting in yard. Just needs about $50k put into it.
Used to be one on Jones Cove Road in Clyde NC across from HCC. I lived in the apartments beside him. He drove it as a daily driver. Had slicks on it. He’d crank it on a cold morning and let it idle to warm up and everything in our apartments vibrates and rattled. There were 10 apartments in that row (imagine long brick duplex type building). He’d back out of the drive way and get in the road and you’d hear him hit the gas about twice and 10 doors flew open with heads hanging out about to watch the show. He’d drop the clutch and disappear in a cloud of tire smoke. Same thing when he came back home in the evenings. He’d pull up back and forth before going up the gravel driveway to let the tires cool off and not let gravel stick in them. Giant hood scoop. Not sure what he had in it but it’s the baddest thing on four wheels I’ve ever seen. Dog turd brown iirc. @curdog probably seen it a few times as well.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
That's a difficult question to answer, never owned or wanted a car. I would take a late 70's or 80's, F-150 4x4, 4 speed w/granny and a 300 straight six though. Oh, sure I'll take one with a 460, if I get gas money too. LOL. Had a chance to buy one of those knew I could not afford to drive it even when fuel was a lot cheaper. 😮. 1978 F-150 351M, 4x4, red, chromed out, Hurricane wheels with 33's, Dream Truck. Something like this, prefer red though. 1668433665772.png

Last edited:

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I would take a late 70's or 80's, F-150 Oh, sure I'll take one with a 460, if I get gas money too. LOL. Had a chance to buy one of those knew I could afford to drive it even when fuel was a lot cheaper. 😮
I grew up in a 77 long bed 460 that was my dads daily driver at the time when I was just a kid. Daddy was a fabricator by trade so it rode on a homemade lift and 38s. If you were in the dog running game from Scotland county back up through Anson from the late 70’s through 1987, there’s a good chance you saw it a time or two. Two tone baby blue with a navy mid section. Got wrecked and repainted solid baby blue.

There ain’t a dollar that I wouldn’t spend to get that truck back along with my 1985 Big Red three wheeler….. the old man never has had a lot of sentiment about him….thus he calls me a hoarder. 😂

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I am not a car guy...a truck or SUV for me. I wish I had my brand new blue 1978 International Harvester Scout ll back. Pro: It was a hoss & would go anywhere! I loved to hear that engine rumble. Con: panel rust. I traded it in for a new white long bed 4×4 1986 Ford F250 when trucks were really trucks. Con: persnickety Windsor carburator. I'm loving my current 2018 long bed Tacoma w/ absolutely no repairs whatsoever. Cons: I am kind of squeezed in like a sardine in the driver's seat.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
afternoon-drive-truck-yeah-20221025-132.jpg

…and a little step stool so I could get in it.

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Used to be one on Jones Cove Road in Clyde NC across from HCC. I lived in the apartments beside him. He drove it as a daily driver. Had slicks on it. He’d crank it on a cold morning and let it idle to warm up and everything in our apartments vibrates and rattled. There were 10 apartments in that row (imagine long brick duplex type building). He’d back out of the drive way and get in the road and you’d hear him hit the gas about twice and 10 doors flew open with heads hanging out about to watch the show. He’d drop the clutch and disappear in a cloud of tire smoke. Same thing when he came back home in the evenings. He’d pull up back and forth before going up the gravel driveway to let the tires cool off and not let gravel stick in them. Giant hood scoop. Not sure what he had in it but it’s the baddest thing on four wheels I’ve ever seen. Dog turd brown iirc. @curdog probably seen it a few times as well.
You'd have to be a little bit of a wild man to tolerate living beside those apartments for long. I remember him giving us a score of a 10 when the bike that was brought back from the dump made it's one and only jump off the porch from a home made plywood ramp... good times

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
That's a difficult question to answer, never owned or wanted a car. I would take a late 70's or 80's, F-150 4x4, 4 speed w/granny and a 300 straight six though. Oh, sure I'll take one with a 460, if I get gas money too. LOL. Had a chance to buy one of those knew I could not afford to drive it even when fuel was a lot cheaper. 😮. 1978 F-150 351M, 4x4, red, chromed out, Hurricane wheels with 33's, Dream Truck. Something like this, prefer red though. View attachment 103971
Had a red '78 Bronco, 351M, Granny 4 speed, dual electric block heaters, Positraction, tire rack on rear, no chrome. My wife was getting tired of driving big vehicles (5'1" tall) so I traded it for a Fox bodied Mustang convertible....big mistake, and I've been kicking my butt ever since.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Had a red '78 Bronco, 351M, Granny 4 speed, dual electric block heaters, Positraction, tire rack on rear, no chrome. My wife was getting tired of driving big vehicles (5'1" tall) so I traded it for a Fox bodied Mustang convertible....big mistake, and I've been kicking my butt ever since.
In the mid-80''s a friend had and a '78 Bronco, 351M full time 4x4 to 35 mph, had to lock it in if things got real slick and RPM's got to high. That was a great and very cool truck. His wife was about 5', might be why he got rid of it. I really think he wanted a pick-up. We cut a lot of fire wood back then. Good times, good folks. He has left us now about 20 years, now. Thanks for the memory jog, brings smiles for sure.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Beth's car on Yellowstone. That's a nice car.

Do some of y'all think trucks are cars? WTH? As a gonad owner of course I'd rather have a truck, but that wasn't the question .😜

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Beth's car on Yellowstone. That's a nice car.

Do some of y'all think trucks are cars? WTH? As a gonad owner of course I'd rather have a truck, but that wasn't the question .😜

I picked an early Bronco copy and the early Broncos were considered station wagons, half cabs and roadsters by Ford. :D

<>< Fish

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would buy back my 1985 Chevy Silverado 4x4 (or one like it) that was in showroom condition when I bought it and sold it. Don't know what I was thinking when I sold it!!

Last edited: