Looking for a mentor to teach me how to hunt, or do taxidermy. Im 16.

ChimeyPiey

Button Buck
Hello! Sorry to bother at this time of day but I'm looking for mentoring opportunities near Greensboro for either taxidermy or hunting. I really want to learn and I'm willing to pay as well.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Hello! Sorry to bother at this time of day but I'm looking for mentoring opportunities near Greensboro for either taxidermy or hunting. I really want to learn and I'm willing to pay as well.
Don’t be sorry about the time of day. I talk trash to these fellers anytime it’s convenient for me!

Good luck w your search. Stick around and let folks get to know you on here and opportunities will open up for you

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I’m looking to kill a deer also if anyone can help me out :fishing: :stir: :wave: :guitar:

PS In all seriousness, stick around and we will ruin you (I mean help you out). Some great folks on this forum

ChimeyPiey

Button Buck
That would be step one. There is a little effort involved, but if you want to pursue this, it’s a must-have. There are online options, but if you don’t have any family that hunts, in person might be better so you can ask questions.

I know some adult men that want to hunt but are too lazy to get HS.
Would you like to help me find a course?

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
knowledge is key, asking questions is getting that knowledge
Never apologize for asking questions

For learning taxidermy i would check out any local folks in your area, might end up doing the grunt work for a bit, but would get you in the door, try not to look for money - they run tight budgets as it is, but if its something you really want to do, you will learn a lot with the right person.