What y’all eating

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Have been having some extensive dental work done for the last three weeks so have been restricted to soft food so I cooked up a pot of Caldito yesterday evening and that should last me for 3 meals to come.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Drove my parents to pick up Looney Tunes...um..my sister, who lives and fits right in in Cal e fon i a 🤣, at the Myrtle Beach International Airport. Then on to Calabash to eat at mom's favorite restaurant there. Oysters were spot on. Usually drink water, but got a sweet Arnold Palmer and water.

Attachments

• 20220910_130753.jpg
    20220910_130753.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220910_134659.jpg
    20220910_134659.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Forgot to add...I had 10 to 12 real nice oysters on the plate. Some were hidden by the fries. Greatly appreciated and a plug for the restaurant.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Up here in my hometown (Eastern Shore of MD). I’m still full from yesterday. Moms homemade chocolate cake w homemade peanut butter icing for breakfast. Oysters on the half shell (raw w/ Tabasco of course) and cream of crab soup for lunch, and panko encrusted rockfish(we don’t call em stripers here) in a skillet with rice and fresh veggies on the side.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
After opening day dove hunt, had a real nice fish fry. Forgot to take pics. Croaker, whiting, sheepshead, a little catfish, Nathan's fries, "Sandhills cole slaw"(friend now deceased came up withit), and a whole bag, minus one, of Vidalia onions quartered and fried at the end. No seasoning except salt when taken up. Things are good. But main reason for posting is sheepshead were big enough to have smoked sheepshead throats. Cajon seasoning, 300° for 28 minutes in a smoker with oak smoke. Stuff was good! They usually make fish tacos out of the smoked throats, but we just ate them as they were. That is a part normally wasted, but could can be utilized. Reminded me of blue fish cheeks. When we caught big enough blues at Core Banks, a round section between the eyes and gills was cut out, hence blue fish cheeks. It was said that was the best part of the fish. It too, would normally be wasted.

Last edited: