It’s Flounder Time!

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Think folks gon flock east like they did last year? I think the 1 fish limit gon slow folk down from going that way.

TH80

Eight Pointer
I’ve fished a lot the last few weeks and I haven’t seen as many boats on the water as I usually do this time of year. I guess gas prices have kept people home more so I don’t expect a lot of folks will make a special trip for one fish. I can say there’s plenty and some big fat ones out there.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
buddy is headed down tomorrow and i can't make it. but he does it every few weeks anyway so i'm sure he'll add a flounder to his trout and drum.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The gulp warriors are getting ready for battle as we speak.

Im a fan. I doubt ill be down there to flounder fish, but gulp has come through a few times for me. Not better than live bait or even shrimp.....other than the shrimp get picked by pinfish and crabs a lot and thats aggrivating.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
A lot of effort to catch one really bland eating fish. Like chicken, they taste like whatever you put on them. Most folks that like flounder seem to be folks that don't like fish. :D

Don’t get them started. You’ll hurt a lot of feelings and draw halfassed rebuttals on why they like eating the mediocre things.

hclaye25

Four Pointer
Heading down tonight. Hopefully, the flounder will be biting. Not crazy about the (1) fish limit but it should still be fun.

hclaye25

Four Pointer
If I get to saltwater fish once a year, I’m lucky. But I’ve stayed up to date with the flounder regs. Looks like the season is Jan 1 thru December 31
In NC flounder season started today and runs through the end of September. Limit is (1) per person with a 15" min length.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
If anyone doesn't know it.....I hate this "flounder season" BS. Some folks only care about flounder fishing, and that's totally fine and dandy. My gripe is with the season limited to one month the result is an overwhelming number of boats crammed into ENC fishing in September, which fouls up the trout and drum fishing. All that said.....to those getting after them, good luck w/ the flounders and come on October!!!! :)

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
If anyone doesn't know it.....I hate this "flounder season" BS. Some folks only care about flounder fishing, and that's totally fine and dandy. My gripe is with the season limited to one month the result is an overwhelming number of boats crammed into ENC fishing in September, which fouls up the trout and drum fishing. All that said.....to those getting after them, good luck w/ the flounders and come on October!!!! :)

I don't think a 30 day 1 fish per day will crowd them in like a 14 day 4 per day limit.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Increase the size limit to 16 inches, go back to a 4 fish limit and open the season year around

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Increase the size limit to 16 inches, go back to a 4 fish limit and open the season year around

Increase it to 18 or even more....you know how bad it hurts to follow the law when you drag in a 19” flounder on the beach and know you arent supposed to keep it?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I don't think a 30 day 1 fish per day will crowd them in like a 14 day 4 per day limit.
You’re probably right but nevertheless in the month of September there will be more boats per square mile from the Pamlico to the Neuse than there has been all Spring/Summer. I drove from Greenville to Washington and back at lunch time today. In 20 miles on 264 I saw no less than 24 boats on trailers.