Fall/Second Fall 2022 Weather Thread

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
So.most of last week, they predicted a VERY soggy Friday, especially later Friday. To the point that HS teams moved games to Thursday etc. I even spread lime Friday in front of the coming rains. Nada. Zip. :mad:

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Planted some rice for waterfowl on 8/18. A bit late but we had an inch of rain that day so I took advantage of it. A good chance of rain today too.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Raining now, it's rained all night it looks like.
You guys around me can thank me for leaving all my windows down in my truck last night.
Gonna be a soggy mess of a muddy carpet to clean for sure.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Another 4 inches of rain here. Instead of our daily flood we got 2 floods yesterday and again this morning. Fishing plans ruined again just like it’s been since July 1st. If it could just not rain again until next year we would still be far ahead on the average. I knew we would pay for going a week without substantial rainfall but here we are again……back in monsoon season just like it has been for 6 straight years. I really don’t think it’s ever going to end.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Another 4 inches of rain here. Instead of our daily flood we got 2 floods yesterday and again this morning. Fishing plans ruined again just like it’s been since July 1st. If it could just not rain again until next year we would still be far ahead on the average. I knew we would pay for going a week without substantial rainfall but here we are again……back in monsoon season just like it has been for 6 straight years. I really don’t think it’s ever going to end.

Last few model runs dry us back out some the next few weeks, right in time for cane season to really pick up...though the models flirt with something tropical off the east coast the first week of Sept...

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Moved cows and started drizzling some on me and the youngest, not horrible. Head home, road quarter mile to south had puddles. Stopped at the field I cut yesterday, it rained pretty good on my hay 😢

Look out the window to the east when I hear thunder and see a storm, check radar… heavy rain. 😭 Blame it on the neighbor, it always rains when he mows and he mowed today.

Nearly all leaf that if I spread the hay out with a tedder I’ll cut my yield down to nothing. Already dealing with lower hay yields 🤬

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Moved cows and started drizzling some on me and the youngest, not horrible. Head home, road quarter mile to south had puddles. Stopped at the field I cut yesterday, it rained pretty good on my hay 😢

Look out the window to the east when I hear thunder and see a storm, check radar… heavy rain. 😭 Blame it on the neighbor, it always rains when he mows and he mowed today.

Nearly all leaf that if I spread the hay out with a tedder I’ll cut my yield down to nothing. Already dealing with lower hay yields 🤬
That sucks man.

On another note, maybe you could start a thread asking for another farmer’s hay. Just be up front that you don’t want to pay anything for it or do anything in return. As long as he knows you’re a rule followin kinda guy, he shouldn’t put any stipulations on the deal

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
That sucks man.

On another note, maybe you could start a thread asking for another farmer’s hay. Just be up front that you don’t want to pay anything for it or do anything in return. As long as he knows you’re a rule followin kinda guy, he shouldn’t put any stipulations on the deal

@brownisdown is the guy to see, I know he will settle the bill on February 31st just in time for spring inputs.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I had 40 acres get wet yesterday too. 25 of it square bale horse hay.

Got quarter inch last night.

Hear thunder now and check radar… I’m about to get hit again 😰 Stuff is coming out of northeast again.

Guess who I saw on the road? Yup neighbor heading out to mow some more. I need to take his battery and cut his fuel lines.

Last edited:

timber

Twelve Pointer
Glad somebody getting the rain. It’s dry here. Cotton here at the house in the sandy spots has shedded a lot of the leaves and bolls starting to open. See some of the beans on the sandy soil starting to suffer a little.

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
It's going to be low 40s here tonight and about 90 tomorrow. It's topped out at 66 today with a breeze. Higher elevations got down to mid 30s last night 20220828_140512.jpg

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
First hurricane threat showing up in the models but looks to turn out and miss. Plenty of time to see how it unfolds.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah, I bet all those folks who predicted a "higher" amount of hurricanes this year are chomping at the bit for at lease ONE to "threaten" landfall. lol.
yes they are- watching accuweather descibe why we havent had an active season BUt BUT BUt it could blow up at any time.
Just something to talk about when there is no actual news.
Kinda like Joe's speech coming on thursday. Hoping like hell that "it" all blows up.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah, I bet all those folks who predicted a "higher" amount of hurricanes this year are chomping at the bit for at lease ONE to "threaten" landfall. lol.
Man they really blew thre long range forecast this year. Been a lot of SAL out there and there's just not much getting organized. That's good news because the last 5 to 7 years have been rough. I really hope the late season carribbean and gulf of Mexico stays quiet as well.

That super typhoon in the west.pacific is nasty though. Hope it misses the more populated areas.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Of course the one week I pick to be gone to the beach it finally gets hot and dry at home. I will bet anything under the sun it is raining when I pull back in the driveway Saturday.

And don’t worry about the hurricanes……about the time the lakes get down a couple or 3 feet this fall and things get just about right for fall fishing we will have a tropical system of some kind to bring us 20 inches of rain.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Of course the one week I pick to be gone to the beach it finally gets hot and dry at home. I will bet anything under the sun it is raining when I pull back in the driveway Saturday.

And don’t worry about the hurricanes……about the time the lakes get down a couple or 3 feet this fall and things get just about right for fall fishing we will have a tropical system of some kind to bring us 20 inches of rain.
You've got all lemons and no lemonade.

I hear there's fish at the beach too.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

Which lakes you trying to keep down? lol. I do like HR to be about 2.5-2.75ft down. That’s about the magic mark of “ehhh better not go up there…” and “trim it up, hammer down, and scoot on across….”

Last edited:

JWH15

Six Pointer

From your most of your posts, I can tell your a glass half full kinda guy. :ROFLMAO:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'm with @Duckmauler dhc it gets no easier than right now till thanksgiving on drawn down lakes- the lower the better in central NC.
For LMB. The compression of predators and prey due to the low water levels coupled with less area to explore get it to caveman can do it status.
And all it takes is one big event and you are finished for the fall for those conditions.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Which lakes you trying to keep down? lol. I do like HR to be about 2.5-2.75ft down. That’s about the magic mark of “ehhh better not go up there…” and “trim it up, hammer down, and scoot on across….”

I want them all down. I want it not to rain another drop until next March. Most places I like to fish from June through September have been really muddy since the end of June…..and that makes for tough conditions in the summer(at least for how I like to fish). I want them all down but especially high rock. I miss the days of it being down 8-10 foot every single year sometimes lower. That is when it is phenomenal(like last fall). I want hartwell down…..all the city lakes down…..all of the above. I just want this nonstop monsoon season that we’ve had for over half a decade to at least slow up a little.

Fall + low water + deer season in + no one on the water = a really fun time to be fishing for largemouth. Those that know…..know …..like OS

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm with @Duckmauler dhc it gets no easier than right now till thanksgiving on drawn down lakes- the lower the better in central NC.
For LMB. The compression of predators and prey due to the low water levels coupled with less area to explore get it to caveman can do it status.
And all it takes is one big event and you are finished for the fall for those conditions.
What the heck are we talking about here?!?!?! :confused: