Raleigh gun show

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone going? Are any members vendors? I ma go after my half day work tomorrow just to nose around.

Last edited:

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Let me know if it’s just tactical stuff or if they have a good selection of wood rifles.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Disappointing show, now I remember why I haven't gone in years. Lots of handguns and AR's. Few hunting rifles and fewer deals on them. Saw one place had a Ruger American $300 over everywhere else on the planet lol. What little powder was $50, and primers $175. A lot of ammo was over store prices.

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I contemplated going. Mentioned it to my wife, she replied "you said you never get a deal at a gun show". I replied your right but I might find something hard to find that would cost 3 times what it would in the past." Then I thought heck it's probably all tactical stuff of which it don't need. Travel time, entry fee and disappointment, nah I'll stay home. Sad thing I really wanted to get out of the house and walking in the a/c would have been good for me.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Once upon a time you could get a deal at a show.
I used to have really good luck finding stuff at gun shows. The last “good” deal I got at a gun show was a couple years ago, I picked up a Ruger No.3 .45/70 for $300

Best deal I ever got, I got at the Hickory Gun Show maybe 15 years ago. I left with 2 Remington 700’s, a Winchester M70, a Ruger M77, 4 Leupold 3.5-10x40’s, and the rings and bases to mount them all for $2500. That will never happen again. Especially not on all new stuff.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I used to have really good luck finding stuff at gun shows. The last “good” deal I got at a gun show was a couple years ago, I picked up a Ruger No.3 .45/70 for $300

Best deal I ever got, I got at the Hickory Gun Show maybe 15 years ago. I left with 2 Remington 700’s, a Winchester M70, a Ruger M77, 4 Leupold 3.5-10x40’s, and the rings and bases to mount them all for $2500. That will never happen again. Especially not on all new stuff.
I saw a Ruger No.3 in 45/70 .... $1700

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
I went with my dad just to spend the day with him, not anticipating any good deals. I was pleased when I found one box of .351 Winchester SL ammo. It isn't cheap but hard to come by so I picked it up. The seller mentioned that he also had a couple of "high-capacity" mags (10 rounders) which are just as rare as the ammo, so I bought one of those too. Best part was the smile on my dad's face knowing that the Winchester 1907 all those purchases were for used to be his dad's gun. I plan to keep that one in the family for the rest of my life and I hope my son will do the same.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Just a question, are there ever taxidermists as vendors at the show?
Not likely at $75 -$700 a show and they don't generate business from a show more so from the word of mouth so no income from the show business so no never seen a taxidermist at a gun show. Now at DDC or out door shows different story but heard many say after one or two trips they didn't make business so they quit!