R I P Vin Scully

hoyt85

Six Pointer
I honestly thought he had already passed away. Maybe I just remember his retirement exit. I've never cared for the dodgers but I respected him. He spent 67 years as the voice of the dodgers which is hard to wrap your head around in this day and age. It's those old broadcasters like Vin I hate seeing pass on. Those guys were / are walking, talking encyclopedias that can recall dates and times from 30 years ago like it happened yesterday. The "good ole days" are dying and unfortunately those shoes will likely never be filled like they once were. RIP Vin.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I honestly thought he had already passed away. Maybe I just remember his retirement exit. I've never cared for the dodgers but I respected him. He spent 67 years as the voice of the dodgers which is hard to wrap your head around in this day and age. It's those old broadcasters like Vin I hate seeing pass on. Those guys were / are walking, talking encyclopedias that can recall dates and times from 30 years ago like it happened yesterday. The "good ole days" are dying and unfortunately those shoes will likely never be filled like they once were. RIP Vin.

I posted a couple videos elsewhere; his voice (and garagiola's) were so very memorable I can hear it today.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I can still remember my dad sitting in front of the TV on Sat afternoons. With a jar of pickled pigs feet , some Zesta saltines a bottle of Texas Pete and a huge glass ( not cup ) of steaming black coffee.

Lord help the kid who interrupted that scene.

Thanks Larry , memories like those are special.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
If you’ve ever liked baseball pull up the Curt Gibson home run and just watch and listen. Vin and Joe knew when to just shut up and allow the moment to speak for itself.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He took his passion and turned it into a great career and legacy. Life well lived I would say.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you’ve ever liked baseball pull up the Curt Gibson home run and just watch and listen. Vin and Joe knew when to just shut up and allow the moment to speak for itself.
"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened!"