Jury Duty

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Received formal letter to perform jury duty in September.

“Confirm participation or check one of the following reasons why you cannot”

I had to choose because I was 72 or older.

Darn !!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a terrible limit on participation.

I had to decline last month because I had officially changed my residence. It has been 20+ years since I was in the jury pool. Sat through selection and gave my views on death penalty for a murder trial and was promptly excused.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I got a summons for August 22 here in Catawba County Superior Court. Gotta call the Friday before to see if I actually have to show up or not.

Funny thing about Jury Duty. I have been called 12 times since I turned 18 and served 5 times. I really dont mind it. A friend that I grew up with and attended High School with and still lives in NC has NEVER received a jury summons.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been sent a letter one time in my 55 years and was working in Memphis when the date came around so they excused me…. Not a peep since

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have been summoned several times.. had a couple where they said the day before that we were no longer needed, sat at the courthouse one day for an hour or two before being dismissed and made it into the jury box once for questioning.. was dismissed because I was friends with a police officer..

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I've never been selected, I wouldn't mind doing it once but doubt I would be picked....
I had never been summoned until 5 years ago. Now every 2 years I get a summons. First trip I was chosen and served on the jury for 4 days. The 2nd summons was canceled due to covid and I just had to go back last month and my name was the 5th one picked and I was put on a jury

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been called 2x. Sat on a 3 day trial. Trial was fine. Deliberation was a clusterfuzzle that I want no part of… ever again. People are f’in retarded.
Yup!! We could have been out on day 2 but had one hold out :mad:

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Was called as a young man around 30 or so IIRC.

Didn't serve. Haven't been called since. Over 30 years now.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn’t mind being called for grand jury. I know 2 people that have done that and they both loved it👍

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
37 and had 3 summons. Had to appear twice. Let go first time right after getting there, second time didn’t have to go, and last time went into selection, but never made it to the box for questioning.

Had a sour opinion of it initially, but now I find it intriguing, and an honor to live in a country with a justice system like we do.

Least I can do is not try to wiggle out of it. I’d hope if I ever found my way to needing a jury, that someone fair, impartial and objective would show up and not try to find a way out.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I would consider jury duty a waist of time. The courts don't do much at all to the criminals, especially compared to what I think they should get.
Never had to go to court knock on wood, but if I ever found myself in court, I’d sure hope it’s in the USA. Damnedd the rest of the worlds systems.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
i loathe jury duty, not so much the court room stuff but getting into downtown Atlanta by 830am, parking, finding a place for lunch, etc.......i try my best not to get picked for trail.....we get 25.00 per day....joke......

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
I was called here in NC many many years ago and twice when I lived in TN. Now that I have time for it, I'm over their age limit.

LDG

Twelve Pointer
I've been called 3 times. Sat on 2 trials. Last one lasted a week and a half. Good thing was I still got paid 8 hrs a day from work. Kinda was wishing it would have lasted a month.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
37 and I have been summoned 3 times. Got out of it the first 2 times because I was in college.

Last time I was selected and head juror for an attempted murder trial. Guy was guilty as hell. But the two key witnessess suddenly got amnesia during the trial and couldn’t remember anything. Go figure. We couldn’t convict the guy. No evidence, witnesses who wouldn’t talk etc.

Funny thing about being on a jury is you learn that there is truly a difference between what you know and what you can prove.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I've lived in Cabarrus County for about 30 years and get called EVERY OTHER YEAR just like clockwork... I must be on someone's Rolodex (remember those?) I show up like a good sheep, sit quietly, twiddle my thumbs (that aggravates a lot of people) and when questioned I inform them I'm a retired LEO and the parties suddenly over. If they had a "reject chute" I'd be on the sidewalk in under 2 seconds.
Knowing that why in hell do they keep calling me??