Stock market

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, the day to commemorate taking the focus off of fatherhood, because who needs that anymore....

That stats are overwhelming. One of America's biggest problems is the breakdown of the family.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
If I THOUGHT the market was going to continue up next week, I'd be in TSLA, CMG and AMZN. I do NOT think it's going to go up however.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
If I THOUGHT the market was going to continue up next week, I'd be in TSLA, CMG and AMZN. I do NOT think it's going to go up however.
Im looking at something to buy next week....AMZN is actually affordable now with the split.
Got any other suggestions?

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
A little irked today with my DRIPs. Prices were down then went up leading up to today. Shares secured at a price and then 💥 prices zoom on down. SMH.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Which ones?

LTC @ basically $39 and SPHD @ $44.70.

Neither were at that price today. I know it was average but I’m opting out of drips for now. Taking cash and will reinvest as I see fit. Hopefully grab lower.

Last edited:

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
I am curious to see what the market does next. I think historically with this kind of decline early in the year, it rebounds nicely in Q4. But I am not sure we have ever had the economic complication of inflation like we do now as the same time as the market decline. I parked my pension in cash when I retired from FC last year and am glad I did. I have lost some to inflation, but otherwise am happy with that choice. Watching and waiting. Fixing the free money situation is going to be painful......

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Market seems to be finding a lot of support at the 30,500 level.. it has dipped below it for a couple of days but rebounded to and above that level quickly and every time it approaches it intraday it has recovered. Would like to think that is the bottom but not likely.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Market seems to be finding a lot of support at the 30,500 level.. it has dipped below it for a couple of days but rebounded to and above that level quickly and every time it approaches it intraday it has recovered. Would like to think that is the bottom but not likely.
I'm thinking on the larger charts the main support appears to be 29,980ish. closed near it one week, opened up and rose from that after, and hasn't tested it again. If it tests it again, probably be a lot of automated buys in place from traders like a few I know. They do more "if thens" than an algebra teacher.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I'm thinking on the larger charts the main support appears to be 29,980ish. closed near it one week, opened up and rose from that after, and hasn't tested it again. If it tests it again, probably be a lot of automated buys in place from traders like a few I know. They do more "if thens" than an algebra teacher.
I need to learn how to read charts.....git any good links?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I need to learn how to read charts.....git any good links?

Free charts are easy to find. I use think or swim.

It's how you set them up that gets confusing. RSI's, bollinger bands and hundreds of other parameters. Most of those have time settings also.

Best advice I can give is get a couple of books from reputable traders and set up your charts how they do theirs. Some of the guys on CNBC's fast money also leak out certain chart "triggers" that they watch for.

It can get pretty overwhelming/fascinating.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Ended the day better than what I thought it would maybe tomorrow will be green although it is Friday and the penny flippers usually sell before the weekend.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Everyday this year has sucked pretty much. I’m down 19.8% YTD but guess haven’t lost anything until I sell. Will just ride it out and wait for Brandon’s wrath to peter out. Going to be a painful couple years I believe.

I agree that it sucks but you are right that you have not lost anything until you sell. I had a number of paper millionaire friends back in 1999 before the internet bubble popped. They didn't sell and became thousandaires on paper.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
Been watching , seems the 'red line' is 30k .
I wanted to, wish I did , sell more this morning.
my excuse is yard work and the wife having control of the PC all afternoon.
Fyi, I have been retired , and despite of moving alot of our $ out of stocks the last year and half ,
We still lost more than I didn't want to spend on a new vehicle 6 months ago . :(

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got my TSA report today. I'm not sure how much of this democracy saving I can take before retirement is going to be much harder and farther away.