Going West....

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Hope to stop at the Corn Palace

It’s not far off 90. A lot folks are disappointed when they find out it’s an arena, they are expecting it to be a museum of sorts. Still a neat thing to see that you won’t see anywhere else.

Been to Mitchell many times.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
I spect it'll have last year's siding. Would love you see it in the fall with fresh sheaves and stalks

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
My son and I had planned to tow the camper to Glacier and Yellowstone for a month starting in August. Had everything planned out just like @Sharps40 then Yellowstone flooded and closed. So we’re changing it to Arizona & New Mexico in Oct/Nov. That has us on I-40 for like, 2000 miles. So what’s the story with I-40? Something I should know?
Plan your trip to take advantage of passing through heavy traffic areas at times other than peak. If you can hit Knoxville between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM it's not so bad, take the 840 loop around Nashville that's not bad at all. Same for Memphis, middle of the day is much better but gas up and DO NOT STOP anywhere around Memphis especially across the bridge in W Memphis. I-40 through AR will be rough in places, always has been but other than the "rush hour" time periods traffic is usually not that bad around Little Rock or Ft Smith. Same advice for OK City, Amarillo, and all the larger cities just plan to hit them during off peak times.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Finally finished with the hard hauling. Departing today for a leisurely 3 hr drive to Interior SD and the Badlands, home of Red Cloud and his band of Bad Faces. A good rest for our 2.5 week jaunts further west as everybody is rather worn. Uno and Bourbon tonight!.

20211225_152105.jpg

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Head down the dirt road to Robert's Prarie dog town. We were there last week...last year and saw a ton of Prarie dogs, some bighorn sheep, antelope and a large herd of Buffalo.

Also, don't know which entrance you are going in but there is a little tourist trap that has alot of cool old time stuff on a little farm site, worth the money imo.

Gonna be cool in the hills the next few days and windy.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
The Frontier hauls about 3000 lbs well. Mountains cut mileage to 12 but we can climb 6% grades at 55 mph in 5th (1 to 1).

Out on the flats of IA, MN, SD, it's working well in its 2nd and 3 rd overdrive gears (7th and 8th) holding 58 to 62 mph all day for 15 to 16 mpg. It ain't the 24 mpg I normally get but plenty of power to haul 4 folks. 2 dogs and a month's supply od candy and chips. We are happy.

GoodWife wants me to get a Titan and a bigger trailer, says she's selling the jeep too!

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Head down the dirt road to Robert's Prarie dog town. We were there last week...last year and saw a ton of Prarie dogs, some bighorn antelope and a large herd of Buffalo.

Also, don't know which entrance you are going in but there is a little tourist trap that has alot of cool old time stuff on a little farm site, worth the money imo.

Gonna be cool in the hills the next few days and windy.
Yes. Looks like today is the last hot day for a week. Temps moderating from 100f to 75/45f. Looking fwd to it.