Fall/Second Fall 2022 Weather Thread

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be in Boone for my first time ever next week. My son will be going to App State in the fall.
I would recommend the "come back shack" for dinner. Great fries and the burgers are awesome. If you are gonna be there a while it's a bit of a drive to west Jefferson but the Ashe county cheese company is also worth it. They have a food truck and the cheese curds were the best ever.

Congrats to your son on his new chapter in life at app state.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Getting rain now..much needed. Thank you Lord!
Hopefully it will hang around a while, but any rain at all is welcome. We've not had a measurable rain in weeks.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
The Cardinal in Boone has a great wild game burger.

Comeback Shack is a staple of Boone. Often times you'll see the line wrapped around the building.
I loaded up on different cheeses from the ashe county cheese company. I'd say so far they've all been above the bar but the Juusto heated or grilled and softened up is by far beyond great. Thankfully they ship so I'll be able to restock.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Same game again today though we got some serious wind for about ten minutes. Heavy Tstorm just to the north,not enough rain to wash the dust off my truck. Temperatures went from 97 to 76 in less than thirty minutes

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
1/8” yesterday.

Today; that wind was fierce. Lights flickered and I have some early damage. Tree top laying on fence near water tank. Sent herd running across pasture towards house. Waiting for the rain to pass before I get to work. 1/2” currently.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well it didn't even get the sidewalk completely wet, the garden is still dust.
But I'm thankful for every drop especially the temperature drop.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Rare red rainbow tonight for me and as I snapped a photo a lightning bolt spiders out of the clouds in the background. Pretty rare and crazy rainbow shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-203627_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-203627_Gallery.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220617-203650_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-203650_Gallery.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 18

timber

Twelve Pointer
Had a bad looking storm come up late this afternoon but as usual maybe a tenth of rain at the most. Think we are getting past the saying a little is better than nothing. These little tenth or less rains not really doing anything now dry as it is plus the temps in the 90s. I let some of the stuff in the garden go that had already picked a plenty of. Concentrating on keeping all the tomatoes peppers and cucumbers watered. Today is first day seeing some row crops showing some damage. Saw some early planted beans on some sandy land starting to shed some leaves. A few miles east of here they have some crop damage from to much rain. Seems another one of those years where the storm’s follow the same path a few miles makes a big difference

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Drive from Roxboro to Derm about 6 this eve got right sporty…we didn’t get a drop at the house but had .8 Thursday eve.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Drive from Roxboro to Derm about 6 this eve got right sporty…we didn’t get a drop at the house but had .8 Thursday eve.
We got right at an inch in the gauge in southern person county and most of the rain was blowing sideways past the gauge lol. It’s been a while since I saw it blow that hard I think.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Lost power for the 1st time since I been at this location, about 8 or so years.
Winds came in hard, very little rain. Power out for a couple hours I guess.

Pitt county

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
We got right at an inch in the gauge in southern person county and most of the rain was blowing sideways past the gauge lol. It’s been a while since I saw it blow that hard I think.
It was definitely a girlfriend/newlywed storm😂😂😂

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Exactly 1 inch in my part of Raleigh last evening. Gusty winds for sure, but we were spared compared to not far from us. We never even lost power. 20 years ago our power went off if there was enough wind to fly a kite.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like Wed will be the only really hot day this week after the models threatened a multiple day all time heatwave last week.....a little ULL off the coast is gonna retrograde west and save the day......

1655840298273.png