$4 gas in NC is here- $5 is near

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
there is always issues to address with any product development.
Our problem is finger pointing instead of figuring it out.
I'd much prefer figuring out how to harness the environment for power then what we have now.
We're sitting here complaining while our own government is raping us. I get caught up in it too and it just leads to frustration and anger.
I'm thinking thise blades could make some pretty cool things. I thing grinding them up for strengthening concrete is a very viable solution. They already add fiberglass now for a lot of applications.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
there is always issues to address with any product development.
Our problem is finger pointing instead of figuring it out.
I'd much prefer figuring out how to harness the environment for power then what we have now.
We're sitting here complaining while our own government is raping us. I get caught up in it too and it just leads to frustration and anger.
I'm thinking thise blades could make some pretty cool things. I thing grinding them up for strengthening concrete is a very viable solution. They already add fiberglass now for a lot of applications.
Absolutely.

Growing up in poverty, we learned the value of fixing stuff as best we could, and repurposing what we couldn't. And building what we could not buy.

Which is how I got my uncanny American savvy when it comes to doing stuff.

But I bet I could build some deer blinds out of those windmills.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Won't get any thumbs up on this one but here's a look at thebsaoaring record breaking profits those oil giants are reaping while we are all weeping at the pump.

So LETS PLAY… rhetorically I ask you the same ??? … why didn’t they under Trump BUT are under Biden?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
So LETS PLAY… rhetorically I ask you the same ??? … why didn’t they under Trump BUT are under Biden?
3 reasons for your rhetorical question, since shaggy can't see the light.

1) efforts are being made to pay the dividends and buy stock back when they can. Saves hassle in the event of a catastrophic recession.

2)unlike under trump, the feeling that this may be their last chance at actually making money, given the current admins hatred of fossil fuel and/or the possibility of government control of the petroleum industry, like Venezuela.

3. I get the feeling that Trump could have appealed to their business side a little better...

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The Cycle Therapy commuting to and from work in Boone this weekend was awesome, however, the gas prices weren't.
Let's go Brandon...
20220612_074434.jpg

20220612_074447.jpg

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Idk why y’all are upset. Slo Joe told us last week that this was all part of “Putins price hike.” Groceries/cost of living/etc included . But don’t worry, he also backpedaled and assured everyone that when he said Russia needed a regime change, he didn’t mean he thought Putin should be outta office. Dude could screw up a ham sammich

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Idk why y’all are upset. Slo Joe told us last week that this was all part of “Putins price hike.” Groceries/cost of living/etc included . But don’t worry, he also backpedaled and assured everyone that when he said Russia needed a regime change, he didn’t mean he thought Putin should be outta office. Dude could screw up a ham sammich
I'd be surprised he got past the bread part of that sandwich

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
You sound like one of those folks that wait in line for gas, when the station across the street is 2 cents higher with no line…
:LOL: no but I used to be. The first time I had to fill up my 30 gallon tank @ 3.50 per, I started doing some real pen and paper stuff each time with distances and the works. 5 cents higher 1 mile away is cheaper than 5 cents lower 3 miles away at these prices. I genuinely don't even bother deviating from my commute at this point.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Won't get any thumbs up on this one but here's a look at thebsaoaring record breaking profits those oil giants are reaping while we are all weeping at the pump.
Per Forbes:

"Oil companies regularly lose money. In four of the past ten years, the oil industry lost money. Big oil lost $76 billion just two years ago. Therefore, they are proceeding with caution. They are maintaining more capital discipline. They aren’t rushing to do projects with the assumption that oil prices will remain above $100/bbl. They are doing projects with the assumption that in a year or more when the projects might pay off, oil prices will have retreated to well below $100/bbl."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...lding-back-us-oil-production/?sh=50f4fcbf6b6f

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Biden said this today while condemning the oil companies:

“There is no question that Vladimir Putin is principally responsible for the intense financial pain the American people and their families are bearing."

I suspect many of his sheeple actually believe that.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns

“There is no question that Vladimir Putin is principally responsible for the intense financial pain the American people and their families are bearing."

Putin didn’t help our situation but rewind all the way back a year prior to 2021, Biden basically placed sanctions on our own oil production. The prohibitions for our own energy independence would not have been noticeably negative during a slow down. Only until demand ramps up did the suffering begin. The blame lies with Biden.

country

Ten Pointer

Page 1 of the democratic handbook: everything is Russia's fault....