NCAA Baseball Postseason

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
What I heard from pirate fans was that Texas was ranked #1 preseason
What I know to be true is that Arkansas was# 2 early in the season.

Ecu and unc have tough tough match ups.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

Arkansas is tough.

Texas deserves to lose. Can’t believe they invited those clowns to the SEC.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns

UVA was ranked #2 and #3 for several weeks during the season. ECU and Coastal sent their asses back to Charlottesville with a pair of L’s.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, there are some very good teams who had great regular seasons but didn't come into the postseason playing their best, and they are sitting at home right now.

Every team still playing has a record of 0-0 right now.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

Agreed. Gonna be a tough one for Carolina and ecu. But as Rick flair used to say “to be the best you gotta beat the best” I sure would like to see either team win it all.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Most opponents’ players leave Greenville with an admiration of “the Jungle” and the atmosphere at Clark Leclair. The Jungle typically starts with some pretty healthy, respectful banter with the out fielders. If the outfielders are, cool and engage and enjoy the fun, all is good. Some even wind up with a few high fives from our fans and have even been fed by our fans after the game. The ones who leave with a bad taste are the show boating, chest beating, mouthy ones because they absolutely get their bells rung.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Interesting trash talk from the coach. That’s poking the bear ain’t it? Might the jungle be a little extra rowdy tomorrow?

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Most opponents’ players leave Greenville with an admiration of “the Jungle” and the atmosphere at Clark Leclair. The Jungle typically starts with some pretty healthy, respectful banter with the out fielders. If the outfielders are, cool and engage and enjoy the fun, all is good. Some even wind up with a few high fives from our fans and have even been fed by our fans after the game. The ones who leave with a bad taste are the show boating, chest beating, mouthy ones because they absolutely get their bells rung.
Coppin St LF was hanging out in the jungle after they were eliminated. He said it was an awesome experience.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Memo to texas coach-you can never unpoke the bear.- Especially in Pirate Land.
Now what I really would like to see is that OSU freshman who thinks he's Bryce harper coming to Greenville and playing in front of the Jungle.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That was a great game! I was watching it, then listening to it in the truck through the phone, then I lost signal for good in the bottom of the 8th right as they blew it open 12-7. That game felt a lot closer than the score will show, but it was good to hear them blow it up in the 8th. Worrell is on fire. They were playing with purpose.

Diving catch by Agnos, Texas player tipping one over the wall for a HR, another one flipping over the right side wall catching a foul fly ball, HR’s on both sides…big plays all around.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It was a great game by ECU. That exchange where Texas didn’t send the runner with one out from 3rd and followed by that robbery by ECU 3rd basemen to get them out of the jam was the end of the game. It flipped the whole deal IMO.

Great to see ECU rolling

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I REALLY thought ECU had punched their ticket today. I didn't jinx them or anything, but Texas just won't go away. They are just really good at hitting home runs.

Looks like UNC never even got started after they loaded the bases in the first and came away with nothing.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Like Cliff said in his postgame interview today….when we started the season 14-13 no one would’ve believed the Pirates would be playing game 3 at home for the chance to go to the CWS.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Like Cliff said in his postgame interview today….when we started the season 14-13 no one would’ve believed the Pirates would be playing game 3 at home for the chance to go to the CWS.
That sounds like he's "just happy to be there." I hope the jungle is more optimistic tomorrow.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That sounds like he's "just happy to be there." I hope the jungle is more optimistic tomorrow.
Sounds like he tried to put a positive spin on a tough loss where it seemed they had it wrapped up and it got snatched away from them.

Up 7-4 after the 7th, and I'm sure they could almost taste the CWS. 6 outs left. They gave up some big home runs in the 8th and go down by one, then get a HR to tie it up in the top of the 9th, only to give it back with a walk off hit.

Now isn't the time to really embrace the, "just glad we made it here" mentality, but they do need to stay positive. They've proven they can hang and beat some of the best teams in the country. They need to go out there tomorrow and play like they, more than their competition, deserve to go to Omaha. This Texas team doesn't have any quit in them though. They better keep the pressure on until the last out is made.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
When you lose the players that ECU lost last year (4 drafted & 3 Sr pitchers not drafted), he knew this season would be a rebuild. Lose your potential 1st round draft pick ace before the season starts, then start the season getting swept by Bryant, go 1-5 in first 6 games, make it to 14-13, have a pitcher quit midseason & hit the portal, and somehow win 20 straight.

They went from not making the field of 64, to making the field, to hosting a regional, and hosting the 1st ever SR in Greenville. Today they play the preseason #1 team that played in last year’s CWS with a chance of going to Omaha.

He shouldn‘t be happy, he should be ecstatic. Win or lose he’ll be proud of what this team accomplished.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Stands to be a smash-fest today. Need bottom half of order to produce to win today.
Going to be a long game today, probably a revolving door at the bullpen and lots of hits/runs. Pitching by committee today. ECU has done pretty good limiting Melendez, but guys before and after him have hurt us the most. He did hit one HR on Friday and I don’t know where it landed.