A boat finally?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
My Ulterra was lost in transit and a replacement is on backorder. They had a Riptide/Terrova in white in stock. Not sure I'll like the white, and if not then I'll get an Ulterra once the dust clears. I opted to go with it instead of waiting forever either way......

FWIW, I currently have an Ulterra, and I really like the auto deploy feature......BUT, the potential for mechanical failure in the belt drive or gears that deploy/stow the motor is constantly in the back of my mind. I have several friends who have had Ulterras that have had problems, but I believe they were earlier models than mine, and certainly earlier models than yours. Me personally, if I were rigging a new boat or had to buy a new trolling motor, I believe I'd go with the Terrova to avoid the potential mechanical failures and to save $500. I can buy a lot of lures or 2-3 nice combos for $500! Or 100 gallons of non-ethanol. :sneaky:

Just a reminder.....whether you stick with the Terrova or go with the Ulterra, the first thing I suggest you do is to set the Autopilot feature to "Legacy" mode. They come set to "Advanced" and for a simple minded guy like myself, it was a PITA as the trolling motor is constantly moving/adjusting it's course once auto pilot is engaged. With the "Legacy" mode, I simply point the motor where I want it to go and hit the autopilot button.....the motor holds that course and allows me to adjust my heading if I want to.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Thinking it was 56lb. That is a good friend of me He guides at Clarkโ€™s hill. I use to help on his trips when I was staying at Greenwood. He gets you on some good fish.
I'll second that. Ricky is good people. If he can put up with me then he's extra good people...

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Well it's home. Cora gave it her stamp of approval.... Couldn't help myself, loaded up son/DIL/wife and granddaughter and went straight to Lake James this evening for its maiden voyage. Due to the break in on the engine I didn't do WOT. I did get it up to 48mph though. I think I'm going to have to enroll in some classes to learn how to operate everything.....

ENCLOSURE.jpgSC.jpegCORASC.jpeg