Strange groundhog encounter

LDG

Twelve Pointer
Just got done playing golf and the course I was playing has a big kudzu covered hillside along a creek that has always had groundhogs in it. There was a groundhog in the fairway and when I got to my ball about 10 yards from him, here he came. I tried to get out of his way but I was what he was after. I swung my wedge at him and nicked his nose. He then turned towards my son-in-law who had hit to the green and had his putter. Once the groundhog got right up on him he put his best putt all day right on the side of his head and killed him. Not really what we wanted to do but something was wrong with him and it's probably what he needed. I've never seen one act like that.
Edit to add: He seemed to be walking in circles before we got to him.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Just got done playing golf and the course I was playing has a big kudzu covered hillside along a creek that has always had groundhogs in it. There was a groundhog in the fairway and when I got to my ball about 10 yards from him, here he came. I tried to get out of his way but I was what he was after. I swung my wedge at him and nicked his nose. He then turned towards my son-in-law who had hit to the green and had his putter. Once the groundhog got right up on him he put his best putt all day right on the side of his head and killed him. Not really what we wanted to do but something was wrong with him and it's probably what he needed. I've never seen one act like that.
Murderer!!!:popo::fishing::fishing::stir:

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Did it list the gopher as a course hazard on the scorecard?

Did you guys have to take a penalty stroke?

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I see others have beaten me to it, but I hope one of you was wearing a boonie.

if your last name is Spackler, well....

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Let me grab my rifle and I promise no groundhog will appear within 300yds with a clear shot from us.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Valid point. I don’t actually have a problem with someone who enjoys golf. But I watched Happy Gilmore at a young age and refuse to give up the idea that golf should be like that and nothing else . Therefore, no interest in golf
You ought to be interested then because Happy was far more tame than the antics that occur at golf courses.

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Poor golf etiquette. You obviously didn't yell "Fore" and then your drive bonked him on his head. He was woozy and pissed off at you and wanted pay back.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I’m going with injured> over rabies. Possibly a worm burner to the noggin prior to, or some other injury that led him to feel threatened. Either way, glad y’all didn’t get bit. Rabies or not, that’s a high powered biting machine.