Remington Mohawk 10C

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saw one today but not finding much info. Is this part of the Nylon 77 series, 66 Series?? It's in nice shape, what's it worth? Any idea of the year made?

Lee

Six Pointer
wiki shows the 10C as the third highest volume produced at 128,000 rifles. I've never seen one in person

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
wiki shows the 10C as the third highest volume produced at 128,000 rifles. I've never seen one in person
Thanks, that's more than I found on the google monster. He also has an Apache 77 but the barrel and receiver cover have been painted in black Brownell's Aluma-Hyde. He did an excellent job, it looks factory finished, but it's obviously not all original anymore.

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Just cleaned up 2 of the 66,s for a friend. Fast lock time, very light, any parts are going to be hard to find and it does have some unique parts. I would put a value of 250.00 on the ones l cleaned, they were shot very little and cleaned very little. Her husband shot and put away for 10 to 15 years. For a plinker very handy.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'll take every 66, 10C or Apache 77 you can find for $250.

The Nylon 77 followed the Nylon 66 and had a 5 round detachable magazine. It was followed by the Nylon 10C, the only difference being that the 10C had a 10 round detchble magazine.

The Apache 77 was the last model made by Remington and was produced specifically for KMark. It had a green zytel stock and the metal work was flat metalc finish. Unless you know for sure, that metal finish may be the original.

Most any Remington Nylon in good condition today should bring between $300 and $400 with the special models such as the bolt action and lever action bringing from $500 to whatever someone will pay.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
45/70,,,,,, you need to PM me the location and price so I can decide if I want to drive all the way to Raleigh today. I've got 2 10Cs but need a Nylon 77.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
$250 for a 66? Last one I bought was $300 and a bit rough. Those things bring much more if decent condition. If a person finds one NIB....thats a $1000 gun in any color. In black or green could be $1500

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
The ones I cleaned were in the 250 value range. You have a tough time understanding a concrete statement. In my opinion these were cheaply made guns and adding 50 years to them doesn't make them more valuable to me. They are cheap lightweight plinkers. Fun to shoot.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The ones I cleaned were in the 250 value range. You have a tough time understanding a concrete statement. In my opinion these were cheaply made guns and adding 50 years to them doesn't make them more valuable to me. They are cheap lightweight plinkers. Fun to shoot.

so the guy will take $250 for them?

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
I'll take every 66, 10C or Apache 77 you can find for $250.

The Nylon 77 followed the Nylon 66 and had a 5 round detachable magazine. It was followed by the Nylon 10C, the only difference being that the 10C had a 10 round detchble magazine.

The Apache 77 was the last model made by Remington and was produced specifically for KMark. It had a green zytel stock and the metal work was flat metalc finish. Unless you know for sure, that metal finish may be the original.

Most any Remington Nylon in good condition today should bring between $300 and $400 with the special models such as the bolt action and lever action bringing from $500 to whatever someone will pay.
100% agreed. I've got a nylon 66 that looks like it was used to paddle a skiff. It's a shooter though, and was bought for $60 about 25 years ago. Crazy what they bring on gunbroker.