What y’all eating

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
restaurant or home made? If restaurant, where?

Stanton's BBQ has frog legs on the menu. 2 pair for $10.49. I haven't had them, but eventually will. Might spend $45-$50. Lol. Hmmm, wonder what extra legs only would cost. Their BBQ is pretty good. Some grocery stores sell it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220508-102949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220508-102949_Chrome.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Stanton's BBQ has frog legs on the menu. 2 pair for $10.49. I haven't had them, but eventually will. Might spend $45-$50. Lol. Hmmm, wonder what extra legs only would cost. Their BBQ is pretty good. Some grocery stores sell it.

dang
have never ate there - but will next weekend!!!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Maybe some of your past/present buddies can give you and yours a lift(helo). Part of the building has the name on the the roof. And directions by air. There is a story of a A-64 landing and one of the crew picking up 2 BBQ sandwiches. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.stantonsbbq.com/find-us

yeah, I looked at their website and saw the landing strip
I do have a bud over in hoke county that has a plane - but by the time I got to his house, I could drive to Stantons

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
yeah, I looked at their website and saw the landing strip
I do have a bud over in hoke county that has a plane - but by the time I got to his house, I could drive to Stantons

Oh...I had rotary in mind. More like a little bird. Little bird would come to you. 😁 Sure would love a real ride in one of those!!! Skimming the trees. Preferably with a Night Stalker pilot!!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh...I had rotary in mind. More like a little bird. Little bird would come to you. 😁 Sure would love a real ride in one of those!!! Skimming the trees. Preferably with a Night Stalker pilot!!

Little Birds are a hoot

rode many a trip on a pod/external seat for a variety of reasons- even shot from the pod seat

got one ride in the co-pilot seat - they learned me on how they aim the guns/missiles

and NONE of them are gonna come give me a ride to stantons!

Wncbowhunter

Ten Pointer
First cook on Blackstone bbq chicken thighs and legs was good but the cleanup was no where near easy as I've heard or seen on video I musta screwed up somewhere
While hot scrape off excess grease. Then while still hot spray with water from a squirt bottle. Allow to “boil down“ then either scrape if needed or wipe off with a rag. May have to use water a couple of times. Then once you have wiped the water off and the top is clean. Apply a generous coating of cooking oil to prevent rusting. I have a metal cover for mine and keep in a shed. 4th year and still like new.
Planning on bbq shrimp tomorrow night, along with fried corn.

Good luck.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
While hot scrape off excess grease. Then while still hot spray with water from a squirt bottle. Allow to “boil down“ then either scrape if needed or wipe off with a rag. May have to use water a couple of times. Then once you have wiped the water off and the top is clean. Apply a generous coating of cooking oil to prevent rusting. I have a metal cover for mine and keep in a shed. 4th year and still like new.
Planning on bbq shrimp tomorrow night, along with fried corn.

Good luck.
I did that but the bbq sauce stuck so bad couldn't scrape it off hot with water or oil ended up having let it cool scrub it clean it then re season

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I did that but the bbq sauce stuck so bad couldn't scrape it off hot with water or oil ended up having let it cool scrub it clean it then re season

If you can get by with it, toss in bbq sauce when the chicken is done. The sugar in it is probably the main culprit.

That being said, I never had a difficult time cleaning mine, turning it on high for 5-10 minutes before cleaning with water.

From my experience, putting oil on the grime will just cause it to build up more. I only wipe with oil once it's clean.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If you can get by with it, toss in bbq sauce when the chicken is done. The sugar in it is probably the main culprit.

That being said, I never had a difficult time cleaning mine, turning it on high for 5-10 minutes before cleaning with water.

From my experience, putting oil on the grime will just cause it to build up more. I only wipe with oil once it's clean.
Might have been I'm just learning the griddle stuff see what happens next go round

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
First cook on Blackstone bbq chicken thighs and legs was good but the cleanup was no where near easy as I've heard or seen on video I musta screwed up somewhere
Yea the more you cook the easier it is. My personal clean up regimen….I just pull the excess grease and bits to the grease pan with a spatula and close it up. No water, no wiping, no scrubbing.

That sauce is what got ya tho…