Give me some book suggestions

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I read a lot. 2-3 books a week on average.

I’ve exhausted my personal library. I have a kindle to download things or I can go to the local library and check out a “real” book.

I’ll read just about anything besides those stupid romance novels. Prefer sci-fi, mystery/thriller, outdoors and historical non-fiction (war, bios, religion etc)

So hit me up. Tell me the last 3 books you read.

Mine are
Portrait of the Artist as a young man
The lost gospel of Judas iscariot
My side of the mountain (throwback to my childhood)

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Last 3 thriller; I read the physical books.
-Point of Contact
-Line of Sight
-Enemy Contact

Last 3 non-fiction; I listened on audible.
-Rich Dad Poor Dad: 20th Anniversary Edition
-Think and Grow Rich
-The 4-Hour Workweek

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hard not knowing what you have read. I am starting the Wheel of Time series. I also enjoyed the Eragon fantasy series. Wheel of Time is a 13 or 14 book series

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
3 books by Bill Bryson: 1) A Short History of Nearly Everything, 2) A Walk in the Woods; Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail, and 3) the Lost Continent: Travels in Small Town America.

JoeH

Six Pointer
If you like historical biographies, two well-written ones are:

“The First Tycoon, Cornelius Vanderbilt”, by TJ Stiles

“Destiny of the Republic (President Garfield)”, by Candice Millard

Also, a very well-written book on the history of gunpowder is called, appropriately: “Gunpowder”, by Jack Kelly.

Another history book that really stayed with me on the American Fur Trade is: “When Skins were Money”, by James Hanson.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hard not knowing what you have read. I am starting the Wheel of Time series. I also enjoyed the Eragon fantasy series. Wheel of Time is a 13 or 14 book series
Let me know what you think about that series. I thought it went on too long.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson

Its a really interesting science read that touches on all kinds of subjects. You're bound to learn something and find something to interest you.

23mako

Ten Pointer
Far Tortuga - Peter Matthiessen
Rebel Yell - Stonewall Jackson book by S.C. Gwyne
The Long Way - Bernard Moitessier

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
everything ernest hemingway ever wrote.....his words float like no other author......dylans Tarantula is a pretty good read too

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Like I said, 2-3 books per week is my normal. I read 6 on my vacation in Florida.

I can’t list everything I’ve read in the last 6 months.

But that being said Ive read the Eragon series but have not read the wheel of time series. 13-14 books would keep me busy for a while.

And I’m getting other good suggestions from others already. Doesn’t matter how much you read, there are 10,000 lifetimes worth of material out there

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Like I said, 2-3 books per week is my normal. I read 6 on my vacation in Florida.

I can’t list everything I’ve read in the last 6 months.

But that being said Ive read the Eragon series but have not read the wheel of time series. 13-14 books would keep me busy for a while.

And I’m getting other good suggestions from others already. Doesn’t matter how much you read, there are 10,000 lifetimes worth of material out there
Yea with reading that much I am surprised that you ever get many suggestions that you have not read. Some of the wheel of time books are 700+ pages too. I am just starting the series, got the first 3 for my birthday.

Another one I like is Rebecca by Daphne Demmorea (sp)

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
I read a lot. 2-3 books a week on average.

I’ve exhausted my personal library. I have a kindle to download things or I can go to the local library and check out a “real” book.

I’ll read just about anything besides those stupid romance novels. Prefer sci-fi, mystery/thriller, outdoors and historical non-fiction (war, bios, religion etc)

So hit me up. Tell me the last 3 books you read.

Mine are
Portrait of the Artist as a young man
The lost gospel of Judas iscariot
My side of the mountain (throwback to my childhood)
My side of the mountain was my favorite book growing up.

Not my last 3, but ones I liked;
Ghost soldiers (POW rescue mission by Rangers)
My Jihad (American that fights the Russians in Chechnya)
The Corps series by W.E.B Griffin (Historical fiction)
Going Solo by Ronald Dahl (autobiography about his time during WWII)
A Walk in the Woods

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I'm a voracious reader. Isaac Assimov, Margarate Wiess, Tracy Hickman, Robert Jordan and many more in the Science Fiction/ Fantasy genre. My absolute favorite is R.A. Salvatore, this guy can spin a tale. Here's my favorites he's written in the order they should be read in. Drizzt

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
The Frontiersman by Allan Eckert...About Simon Kenton

Patriots by A J Langguth....About the American Revolutions

Long Knife by James Alexander Thom...About George Rogers Clark

Savage Kingdom by Benjamin Wooley...About Jamestown, VA...Taken from accounts of letters and diaries sent back to England, totally different prospective than what I was taught in school...

David Crockett by James Atkins Shackford

Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson

Daniel Boone by John Mack Faragher

The Wright Brothers by David McCollough

Roanoke Island by David Stick

The Outer Banks of North Carolina by David Stick

richard corn

Ten Pointer
One of my favs is a series by Daniel Silva. Books feature the character Gabriel Allon. He's Israeli intelligence and was recruited for the mission Wrath of God. Ordered by Golda Meir to hunt and kill the terrorists responsible for killing Israeli athletes at Munich Olympics. Great reading.
I also have liked the series with the character Harry Bauer. He's former British SAS and a killing machine. Just search in Kindle with character name and irt will pull up series. I want to say the author is Blake Banner. Good reading!!!

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
With the old breed by Sledge
Helmet for my pillow by Leiky
Horn of the hunter by Roark
The old man and the Boy by Roark
I probably misspelled Leiky

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I only do non-fiction, mainly history, so here are two suggestions in that category that were truly outstanding: Obama's Wars by Bob Woodard, and The Finish - The Killing of Osama Bin Laden by Mark Bowden. These are excellent, and you will also learn some things about our current President that he and his enablers do not want you to know.