Kentucky 2021 - Excitement, Pride, Proud, Frustration, Bad Decisions

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I’d buy that land before the wife changes her mind. Brickinridge county has some high dollar real estate, there are counties with similar potential with much better land prices. Overall KY is the best land value running in the Midwest.

Only word of caution is pay attention to the community you buy in. Some places are mostly crack heads that’ll steal anything they can get their hands on, other places have some really, really good folks.
I'm not just looking at Breckenridge, but am looking at the western end of the state. The wife is actually more on board with buying than I am today. She asks me about it nearly every day.

Mopar forever

Four Pointer
Another add to this story. After my deal two of my buddies moved to this farm trying to score one of the bucks I shot at. Mark saw the one that blew my mind and Ed(Runs his own guide service in NY) killed this buck. I never saw this one and am very happy for him. He shot it right after Adam and I left to come home. I'm going to pick this one up at the end of February on our way back from the Catfish Conference. Dropping this one off at my buddy Bill Crowder's shop William's Taxidermy here in Rutherford County.

View attachment 83138
I will ask Bill to have a look at that big feller when I pick up my deer. Pretty cool story tho ... I can’t imagine how mad you must have been or how sick you were😂

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I will ask Bill to have a look at that big feller when I pick up my deer. Pretty cool story tho ... I can’t imagine how mad you must have been or how sick you were😂
20211118_174206.jpg

Mine isn't the big feller.... my son's 8 dwarfs it. The 12 is actually the smallest buck I've killed in Kentucky so far. Oh I'm still sick, made great memories and it's something I'll not soon forget, but boy oh boy I wish that trip had went a bit differently. Here's the 12 laying inside Adam's 8. The picture of his deer on the ground doesn't do the deer justice. Are you local?

Last edited:

Mopar forever

Four Pointer
View attachment 83222

Mine isn't the big feller.... my son's 8 dwarfs it. The 12 is actually the smallest buck I've killed in Kentucky so far. Oh I'm still sick, made great memories and it's something I'll not soon forget, but boy oh boy I wish that trip had went a bit differently. Here's the 12 laying inside Adam's 8. The picture of his deer on the ground doesn't do the deer justice. Are you local?
Sunshine