Get ready for protests in Raleigh

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Latino according to the video I saw. There were stretchers everywhere. Troopers were trying to stop the man with appears to be knife in left hand. He walked away from trooper with taser drawn, failed to listen, shot with taser. 5 troopers/officers go in calmly to arrest. Man blows them off and goes into attack. Attempt to subdue but officers back up as he picks up something off the ground. Unsure if it’s knife, taser or gun. Shot by a trooper.

Sorry video did not have link. Saw it in comments on wral.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
The cold doesn't suit the protesters very much,that's why there was low turnout at the Wisconsin courthouse. I feel a lot of the summer protests are more about a social event than the cause except for the riot and loot crowds. If it stops being fun the crowd doesn't show

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
The cold doesn't suit the protesters very much,that's why there was low turnout at the Wisconsin courthouse. I feel a lot of the summer protests are more about a social event than the cause except for the riot and loot crowds. If it stops being fun the crowd doesn't show
I noticed cold weather didn't stop much of the Insurrection crowd...:unsure:

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I noticed cold weather didn't stop much of the Insurrection crowd...:unsure:
Exactly. People with a purpose and a cause that's not a farce will not let the weather stop them. The MSM and politicians call it an insurrection but not rioters burning courthouses that's called a right to protest

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Am I the only one that thought the EMS/Officer in yellow jacket was really really close when the other officer shot? Like standing over almost?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
So they released the body cam footage to the public.

almost 1.5 MILLION views in 4 days!

What kills me are the comments.

I can't find a SINGLE person talking negatively about how the police and EMT's responded. Kudos to RPD for pushing to have this released.

I actually had a conversation with a couple of young guys who stated "5 guys can't disarm a knife from a guy who just got tazed?"

I replied, "why risk a cut or worse? Lethal force justified? Use LETHAL force!"

I bet they'll have a different opinion next time I talk to them.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
That's crazy. What a flipping idiot. He almost caught the one dude in the neck with the knife. IMO based on what I've seen there, justified.

I went to the comments too. I was wondering what the wife was saying and one of the commenters translated. She was yelling look what you've done and he responded look the kids are still alive.

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
That's crazy. What a flipping idiot. He almost caught the one dude in the neck with the knife. IMO based on what I've seen there, justified.

I went to the comments too. I was wondering what the wife was saying and one of the commenters translated. She was yelling look what you've done and he responded look the kids are still alive.
Am I right in assuming that was the now deceased husband? Or one of the officers? I can read your comment either way so just looking for clarity.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
So they released the body cam footage to the public.

almost 1.5 MILLION views in 4 days!

What kills me are the comments.

I can't find a SINGLE person talking negatively about how the police and EMT's responded. Kudos to RPD for pushing to have this released.

I actually had a conversation with a couple of young guys who stated "5 guys can't disarm a knife from a guy who just got tazed?"

I replied, "why risk a cut or worse? Lethal force justified? Use LETHAL force!"

I bet they'll have a different opinion next time I talk to them.
The minute he produced that knife and refused commands, with all those folks right there and his volatile demeanor, he was fair game. When he grabbed a hostage, that further confirmed it. I suspect they didn't shoot then due to many, many people in the crossfire/backdrop, and increasing political pressure against using force.

It doesn't get more justified than this. Anyone who disagrees is a damn idiot.