Suggestions wanted on arrow for new biw

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
I moved from a 70 lb elite ritual shooting 300 spine Beman ICS Pro Hunter 500 grain arrows with 150 grain up front at 252 fps at 30” draw to an elite Enkore that shoots the same arrow at 286 FPS (chronographed). To use the same weight and setup arrow would I need 250 spine arrows?

Im also considering dropping down to 450 grains this time since I also switched to fixed blades and don’t need the momentum. Possibly switch to a single pin sight too and flatten out my drop from to 20-40 yds.

What arrow would you build for my new enkore?

Brand, size, spine arrow?

Weight up front and total weight?

warhorse

Eight Pointer
I'm shooting a maxima hunter SD 350 out of an enkore set at 29". I think my total arrow weight with a 125 gr tip is around 470 gr. No idea what the speed is but it is getting it down range. I was shooting a 125 gr grim reaper but think i'm going to switch back to a fixed, been looking at the tooth of the arrow broadheads.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
250 is probably right assuming your set up is pretty standard. I would look at black eagle with the focos system or day 6 arrows. If I was real high dollar I’d want to try out a black eagle x impact with the iron will snyder system.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Goldtips Xt brass inserts 3, 3” vanes. 100gn mechanical.
should put you around 460-470gns.
best bang for your buck. I’m not a fan of micro diameter arrows. I also don’t shoot long range field tournaments or hunt in windy conditions out west shooting 60yds.
Cheers

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
Can you tell me what “You” want out of your arrow? Penetration, toughness, flat trajectory etc
That’s that toughest question because i want the best of all three!!
Goldtips Xt brass inserts 3, 3” vanes. 100gn mechanical.
should put you around 460-470gns.
best bang for your buck. I’m not a fan of micro diameter arrows. I also don’t shoot long range field tournaments or hunt in windy conditions out west shooting 60yds.
Cheers
I would shoot what you have and see how it tuned and then make decision.
75EE249F-B2A4-4380-8264-559E5A0B9D57.jpeg75EE249F-B2A4-4380-8264-559E5A0B9D57.jpeg

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
That’s that toughest question because i want the best of all three!!

View attachment 83006View attachment 83006
Well then my reply will be based on what I deem to be most important out of those listed.

Having a 30” DL helps you tremendously and I’d take as much advantage of that as possible. I’d build me a 450-475gr arrow 300spine and let it eat. There is 0 need for FOC over 20%. With the efficiency ratings on today’s bows you are getting more out of the bow than ever before. Just work on doing your job and you will be wildly successful

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you suspect that your current arrows are under spined with the new rig, and those 3 paper tears concern you, backing off the weight may give you a clue.

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
If you suspect that your current arrows are under spined with the new rig, and those 3 paper tears concern you, backing off the weight may give you a clue.
Ok I see what you mean. I wasn’t clear, The 3 shots were getting it to the 3rd one which was a bullet hole. So the arrows paper tuned good.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I use to paper and walk back and worry endlessly over whether things were perfect. Now, I eyeball it, check it with a level, shoot at 10 to get close, go back to 60 and watch it fly. If it’s hitting where it’s supposed to and not wobbling around during flight, and the arrows are sticking out of the target on plane, I call it good and go kill stuff.

Sounds like the setup you have is working. If you want to learn more about penetration and the argument for heavier arrows and more weight up front go look up the Ranch Fairy (nickname) on youtube. or go straight the source and research the Ashby Foundation. The trade-off is flat arrow flight. You will have 5-10 inches of drop from 20 to 40 yards.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sounds like the setup you have is working. If you want to learn more about penetration and the argument for heavier arrows and more weight up front go look up the Ranch Fairy (nickname) on youtube. or go straight the source and research the Ashby Foundation. The trade-off is flat arrow flight. You will have 5-10 inches of drop from 20 to 40 yards.
You didn't just invoke Ranch Fairy did you?

Mods - ban this man!!

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
You didn't just invoke Ranch Fairy did you?

Mods - ban this man!!
Lol RF is a joke…

Good reads on this subject on Joel Maxfields personal Facebook page. He dives into todays bow efficiency as it relates to the arrows of today’s ability to receive these highly efficient bows of today and how that helps ones ability to maximize penetration without sacrificing trajectory or speed etc…
Very good reads if your so inclined

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I would tinker around and find the draw weight, arrow combinations that I am most proficient with. I can yank the strings off the cams on 70# but I only shoot 55 with a 400 spine.
A piece of advice I was given. Find your optimum draw weight. Sit in a chair without your feet touching. Look straight ahead and draw slowly and smoothly. Adjust weight til
You can do this. Then go from there.