For the UGA Fans

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry, but I'm compelled to do this.

Screen_Shot_2021_06_15_at_8.11.10_AM.png

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There’s plenty of hope there in my opinion. They’ve got one thing to figure out, how to get pressure on that offensive line while maintaining coverage. That got easier when Bamas WR2 went down. Alabamas offensive line won that football game and shocked everyone with how they played, I think.

UGA had two likely TDs erased by blatant pass interference (garbage rule that PI isn’t a spot foul in college football) and had another TD dropped in the end zone. They also passed on a FG in the red zone and turned it over on downs and threw an interception in the red zone when their TE quit on his route…in the first half. That’s the way the game is played and $*%! happens, but that game could’ve looked VERY different.

I hope for football fans sake we get a rematch of this game. UGA is the most talented team in the country, but Saban is the X factor, he’s a wizard. If Bama pulls Michigan, I think they’re in trouble. Michigan can run the football and keep Bama offense on the sideline and Bama doesn’t have the front to stop them. On the flip side, Michigan is a good draw for UGA, as they’ve got the best defensive front in football.

Should be fun, I didn’t mention Cincy because they aren’t worth mentioning with those 3 teams. Go UGA!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
There’s plenty of hope there in my opinion. They’ve got one thing to figure out, how to get pressure on that offensive line while maintaining coverage. That got easier when Bamas WR2 went down. Alabamas offensive line won that football game and shocked everyone with how they played, I think.

UGA had two likely TDs erased by blatant pass interference (garbage rule that PI isn’t a spot foul in college football) and had another TD dropped in the end zone. They also passed on a FG in the red zone and turned it over on downs and threw an interception in the red zone when their TE quit on his route…in the first half. That’s the way the game is played and $*%! happens, but that game could’ve looked VERY different.

I hope for football fans sake we get a rematch of this game. UGA is the most talented team in the country, but Saban is the X factor, he’s a wizard. If Bama pulls Michigan, I think they’re in trouble. Michigan can run the football and keep Bama offense on the sideline and Bama doesn’t have the front to stop them. On the flip side, Michigan is a good draw for UGA, as they’ve got the best defensive front in football.

Should be fun, I didn’t mention Cincy because they aren’t worth mentioning with those 3 teams. Go UGA!
I agree most except on one thing I don't count them down that much without the hurt receiver their top receiver went down last year and they just turned their 2nd best into heisman winner basically he was their scoring in championship game last year. I can see same scenario with Williams. Crazy thing is Williams was Ohio st 4th receiver he left cause couldn't get on field there

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'd still rather be a Ga fan than 40 teams that never has a slim shot they have been a gnats hair winning it all couple times including taking Bama a last second TD couple years ago

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Would have been nice for Georgia to beat Alabama .... Hard to beat the best coach in college football though

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped

I mean, what kind of wings? Like penguin wings? He’s definitely hitting his ass with penguin wings.

I didn’t say they’d have won “if” I said they’ve got hope because of those factors.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
12 - 1 is a losing tradition?? Pray tell who you pull for that had a better record in 2021?

Tip hit the nail on the head for what I meant. If you went back and read any of these threads you would see what I mean. 12-1 season in the sec is better than good……but doing it over and over and over and still not being able to win the championship game or win in the cfp is what I call a losing tradition. Who knows, maybe they will change that in a month.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
As a ND fan I've been satisfied with a goid record and no championships for long time I'd still take it over .500 years titles ate hard I don't judge a team as bad year by not winning one

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As a ND fan I've been satisfied with a goid record and no championships for long time I'd still take it over .500 years titles ate hard I don't judge a team as bad year by not winning one

when you have the culture and history of football that ND has, anything short of a title is failure.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
when you have the culture and history of football that ND has, anything short of a title is failure.
That's just silly I've been fan since little boy and any 10 win year is a success. Football is a fun game thinking you have win title or failure is just unrealistic 90% or teams each year in current format know they got no real shot including teams with great tradition like USC for example.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's just silly I've been fan since little boy and any 10 win year is a success. Football is a fun game thinking you have win title or failure is just unrealistic 90% or teams each year in current format know they got no real shot including teams with great tradition like USC for example.
Which is why they just hired Lincoln Riley and I assure you that USC considers not being in the hunt for a title every year is a failure and once they are in the hunt, they’ll consider not winning it a failure. You think UGA feels successful right now? No. Their success is being good enough to raise the bar to the point of winning a national title or bust. That’s elite status, of which a handful of teams have, ND being one of them. ND may be the only crowd who has choked harder than UGA in this deal, but they are there. If they were successful, they wouldn’t have just lost their coach in a really good season being #5 in the country.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Then maybe they should join a frickin conference.... ;)

I didn’t say they weren’t chickens$?! And didn’t deserve all this fancy attention they get, just that it’s the culture haha

They’re scared to join a conference and for good reason, that squad would be 3rd fiddle in almost any major conference year in and year out.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Then maybe they should join a frickin conference.... ;)
Oh, they will join a conference... for one season... when they need one... and then un-join as soon as Covid doesn't limit schedules to in-conference games only...

And the ACC will get used and let it happen...