6.5 cm What Bullet do y’all use

Fishhunt-365

Eight Pointer
I have a box or 3 of nosler trophy grade 142 gr ABLR . Now I’m a 7mm08 shooter all the way but wanting to try the 6.5cm since I got an awesome deal on the rifle. It’s sighted in and ready. Just want some personal reviews. Thanks

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like 140gr Nosler partitions in my 6.5, in my opinion it’s a sin to shoot anything less than 140’s

TH7

Eight Pointer
125 grain. Shot one deer with this rifle and he didn't go anywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-211559_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-211559_Gallery.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 12

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
147 Eldm. Have 156 berger eols to try when I have time. No complaints with the 147s.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Whatever Hornady American Whitetail rounds have on the tip. It does the job.

Every one my son shoots with them dies pretty quickly.

I started shooting a 6.5CM this year. I had a gunsmith recommend 140 gr Hornady ELD-M. It’s marketed as a match bullet so I was skeptical but so far I have 3 trigger pulls and 3 deer dead in their tracks at around 100 yds with very impressive exit wounds.

The Hornady 143 ELDX is killer and should shoot lights out in your gun. I have been hunting with the 135 gr Berger Hybrid Hunters the last two years and like them too although if exit wounds are your thing then I would steer clear, the two decent bucks I have shot with them have not ran over 30-40 yards though. The only other hunting round I have shot is the deer season XP, it is a little lighter at 125 gr and shot the worst in my gun but still was around 2" at 100 yards. I would stick with the heavier 135+ gr bullets.

JMbowhunter

Six Pointer
Iron will single bevel 2 blade at just over 300 fps is all I know anymore...lol...I have a 6.5 and liked shooting it. I just can't put the bow down anymore for whitetail. My mother and stepdad shoot bigger PA deer with their 6.5s and use 140 grain bullets both with good results.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
All our kills have been with the ELD-X. Two were bang-flop and 2 ran. Neither deer that ran left a good blood trail. One went about 50 yards and one about 100. One broad side was a complete pass through, no recovery. One was about 100 yards quartering away. Bullet recovered under the hide on opposite side, bullet separation. One quartering away and bullet hit front leg bone (between shoulder and first joint) on opposite side, bullet separation. One was a neck shot at 8 yards, bullet separation. They are killing but I am not sure they are the bullet for me long term. I have some Sierra Game Kings, Nosler Partition, and the old Hornady Interlock to load and shoot this summer (all 140 grains). I think whichever of these shoot the best will be my bullet. I shoot a lot more deer inside 100 yards than I ever will over 200.

Fishhunt-365

Eight Pointer
So it seems the eldx is popular. Can’t find them. So that’s why I have the nosler ablr trophy grade 142. It shoots sweet on paper. But I have heard you either love the 6.5 cm or hate it.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Shoot those Accubonds. I don't have a 6.5, but I shoot them in a couple other calibers and they have always performed well. You can always try another bullet whenever you run out of what you already have.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
The ELD-X 143 is great, but I can only find them at $80 for 20. Thats pricey. I've been buying the norma whitetail 140 recentely and they are available online from norma directly with free shipping.

ddavenport

Six Pointer
Contributor
The ELD-X 143 is great, but I can only find them at $80 for 20. Thats pricey. I've been buying the norma whitetail 140 recentely and they are available online from norma directly with free shipping.
Dang I won’t be doing much target practice anytime soon. They are normally around $35.

Fishhunt-365

Eight Pointer
I give up. bwfarms has me nervous. So I will just keep using the 7mm08 it works with devastating blows. “ not”

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well, the first rifle I hunted deer with was a 6.5 and it used a 162 grain round nose,,, deadly on the deer I killed with it and they weren't these wimpy southern deer,,,,

of course I'm talking 6.5 mm,,,, not sure I could handle a 6.5 cm caliber,,,, that's like too big for me,,, here's a 6.5cm (65mm) and it's called a CANNON of a naval gun

300px-Fort_de_Fermont_and_its_museum_-_DE_65_mle_91navy_gun_used_for_anti_tank.JPG

:stir:

Fishhunt-365

Eight Pointer
well, the first rifle I hunted deer with was a 6.5 and it used a 162 grain round nose,,, deadly on the deer I killed with it and they weren't these wimpy southern deer,,,,

of course I'm talking 6.5 mm,,,, not sure I could handle a 6.5 cm caliber,,,, that's like too big for me,,, here's a 6.5cm (65mm) and it's called a CANNON of a naval gun

300px-Fort_de_Fermont_and_its_museum_-_DE_65_mle_91navy_gun_used_for_anti_tank.JPG

😂
:stir:
Omg “ cmon man” give me a break that’s not right