11/25- Thanksgiving LIVE

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I use to go every Thanksgiving morning no matter what......today Im sitting on the couch watching t.v.
I have about given up, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: jug

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Walking into stand this morning cell camera going off. Bear was there so I decided to walk in a little louder and with my light on. Two does and a spike so far was really tempting to shoot the spike with the 45/70

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Had a doe come out at 7. I guess she smelled me. She ran around blowing and stomping til 740. Had to make a run at 830. Saw a hell of 8 point half mile from house. Guess I climb back up at 10

GUP

Eight Pointer
3 bucks and 1 doe. No shooters. Caught one of the bucks trotting across the top of a field but couldn’t tell if he was chasing a doe or just cruising along.
Duck hunters were in full force this morning in the swamp behind me. Bet they went trough 2-3 boxes of shell. I’m guessing they missed a lot more than they hit. Sky blasting passing woodies I’m sure.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Could’ve killed a limit of squirrels by now. Mind you I’ve never seen a single squirrel in this spot in six months . Wind has shifted from being ideal to blowing directly into the area I’d expect the deer to come from to head to bedding lol. Might be time for breakfast and a nap

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
A guy nearby must have got himself a new ATV. He has been racing up and down on the road on his property for 3 days straight.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
What a heck of a beautiful morning. It’s always a good feeling knowing you could have killed one. Seen 7 does and a 4pt. That was awesome watching him dog those does. Time for the best part…The feast! Happy thanksgiving everyone!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Enjoyed the solitude this morning. Walked out a different way and found really fresh scat and tracks. Bout 250 yds directly down wind from me (once wind shifted). I ain’t even upset. Felt good to just be out there. Prob hunt this evening at a different spot.

JMbowhunter

Six Pointer
I took beagle out bunny hunting for 2 hours this morning. I got my top target buck last weekend and 4 doe in 2 states with just my bow. I'm still hunting on my last 2 NC tags, but not today and kinda lacks a daisy...lol. I got buddies who aren't as keen in deer woods who I am going with to help them get "A Deer", I keep bringing my bow and if a big doe or a decent buck 3.5 years oldish comes by I'll poke it. Good luck all and happy Thanksgiving!

DADOGG14

Eight Pointer
I use to go every Thanksgiving morning no matter what......today Im sitting on the couch watching t.v.
I have about given up, good luck to everyone!
You might as well let me take over that lease by the VA line then!! 😂

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I went and got dinner and a show. 4 does came out. I watched them for a minute. They were relaxed and started eating grass. I lined up the shot on the biggest doe from my mskeshift ground blind. I held real steady with my .308 on the shooting sticks. Exhaled 1/2 my last breath and started a slow pull on the trigger. At the shot, the doe mule-kicked and ran about forty yards and collapsed. Shot was about 250 yards. (Ranged the other day)
The other does were startled but just looked around and started checking the dead deer. I watched them for about 5 minutes. Another deer appeared trotting from across the powerline. It was a buck. He was about a 14 inch spread 8 pt. He put on a show chasing one of the does. Lip curling, checking the dead doe, and running the others for about 10 minutes. They finally moved off eith the buck in tow. A great morning in the woods.
20211125_085535.jpg
A good doe for the area. Short legs, bigger body.

tundrahunter

Four Pointer
Made it to Western Kentucky near the Mississippi River for Thanksgiving with family. Rifle season ends Saturday here. Wind blew hard all day yesterday. Saw 1 doe about 300yds away yesterday morning & saw one small 4pt yesterday evening. Rain moved in early morning today. Hunted a pop up blind saw 4 doe no shot. 24deg here tmrw morning
Happy Thanksgiving all!

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Setup on our farm in WV. The neighbor who leases our place to run his horses said he’s seen some nice bucks in the last couple weeks, let’s hope one shows today.

I always forget how unpredictable the wind is in these hills. Might have to be quick on the trigger if one comes in. Good luck to everyone else out today, and happy Thanksgiving.
Did y’all do any good ? Been slow up in my neck of the woods (Ritchie county) … ALOT of acorns everywhere .I’ve been selective so far but it may be meat time starting tomorrow.

you are spot on about the winds

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Looking forward to getting over this dang cough. Warm as hell this evening. Went to a different spot. Sat till dark. Bout 15 min after LST a deer and I bout bumped into one another going around a knob. Startled us both. Ready to get to bed early and back at it in the morning. Bout 11am I’ll head to the house and meet up with some church folks and buckle on the feed bags

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
And some white liquor apparently 😎

You mean this stuff ???
20211125_191845.jpg
Just finished my 'loney sammich. Had to drop everything and run to meet folks at the physical rehab place my step-dad's in today.
Helluva year.
6 Icehouses in, this stuff was born in Kentucky. Bestest, smoothest stuff I ever had.
Keep it for medicinal purposes only.
I'm happy but, stressed. And getting sick.🙁

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
You mean this stuff ???
View attachment 79595
Just finished my 'loney sammich. Had to drop everything and run to meet folks at the physical rehab place my step-dad's in today.
Helluva year.
6 Icehouses in, this stuff was born in Kentucky. Bestest, smoothest stuff I ever had.
Keep it for medicinal purposes only.
I'm happy but, stressed. And getting sick.🙁
Yeah it’s this dang bubonic whooping cough with a sinus infection chaser lol. Everyone I know had it a minimum of ten days