Dodge Charger Heat Not Working - New Dodge ad

CarolinaReaper

I'm a dodge fan boy because it's how I was raised. My dad is hardcore Dodge fan. Mopar or no car might as well be stamped on his head. He has a dislike for Chevy, but HATES Ford. When I was growing up he always told me Ford either stood for Found On Road Dead or backwards, Down Road On Foot. I drive dodge, my brother drives a Dodge cummins truck. It's just what we were brought up to like I suppose. I can remember as a little kid flying around town in my dad's old Coronet. Always put a smile on my face.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I call :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk....so you are telling me when it was in single digits a few years ago you didn't use a heater in your vehicle.
Single digits Hah come back to me and talk about heat when you get negative number temps like this,cold.jpg

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
I'm a dodge fan boy because it's how I was raised. My dad is hardcore Dodge fan. Mopar or no car might as well be stamped on his head. He has a dislike for Chevy, but HATES Ford. When I was growing up he always told me Ford either stood for Found On Road Dead or backwards, Down Road On Foot. I drive dodge, my brother drives a Dodge cummins truck. It's just what we were brought up to like I suppose. I can remember as a little kid flying around town in my dad's old Coronet. Always put a smile on my face.

Is it what you were brought up to like or is it all you know? Vehicles are expensive, and most Americans need them, pigeonholing yourself the same way you would to support a sports team is limiting.

And I know what you mean about blasting around with your dad in his Coronet...been there myself...But today's Mopar is about as related to that car, as today's Abercrombie store is related to the one that sold Teddy Roosevelt his rifles.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Is it what you were brought up to like or is it all you know? Vehicles are expensive, and most Americans need them, pigeonholing yourself the same way you would to support a sports team is limiting.

And I know what you mean about blasting around with your dad in his Coronet...been there myself...But today's Mopar is about as related to that car, as today's Abercrombie store is related to the one that sold Teddy Roosevelt his rifles.

Love the Abercrombie analogy.

I have a friend that has 69(?) Charger he has owned since HS that he is completely rebuilding, trailing suspension, engine, everything. And he has a 2019 with the 392(?) in it.

It’s pretty cool. And I’m very much not a MOPAR guy.

CarolinaReaper

I can absolutely agree there. I figured out just how far we have strayed when I had to change the battery on my old Dodge Avenger. Care to guess how that works? You have to dismount the tire and pop off the 4 piece cover that separates the tire from the engine. Just to change the freaking battery!

I thought to myself, if the Dodge Brothers could see this, they'd be rolling over in their graves.

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I can absolutely agree there. I figured out just how far we have strayed when I had to change the battery on my old Dodge Avenger. Care to guess how that works? You have to dismount the tire and pop off the 4 piece cover that separates the tire from the engine. Just to change the freaking battery!

I thought to myself, if the Dodge Brothers could see this, they'd be rolling over in their graves.
And more and more cars now require a scan tool to do a Battery Monitor Reset when you replace the battery.
Joe

Lakeview Bear

Ten Pointer
Contributor

That was the same for my wife's old Stratus. Very frustrating to work on. I heard the other day that some of the new Subaru's you have to take to the dealer to change the brake pads because they have to plug it in to compress the cyclinders.

CarolinaReaper

That was the same for my wife's old Stratus. Very frustrating to work on. I heard the other day that some of the new Subaru's you have to take to the dealer to change the brake pads because they have to plug it in to compress the cyclinders.

It's just crazy man. All about the money. The manufactures figure out a way to keep the common man from being able to do it, so you have to take it to a shop.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
It's just crazy man. All about the money. The manufactures figure out a way to keep the common man from being able to do it, so you have to take it to a shop.
Actually, manufacturers could give 2 :poop: less if you're able to work on it or not. They make their money when you buy it, and after that, you and the dealership are none of their concern. They are engineered to be assembled quickly and easily, so yeah, it IS all about the money. If you have to totally disassemble it, in reverse order, to get to a bad part, that's you're problem. So when you're trying to get to that blend door, just remember, this stuff was designed to just "snap" together, but not "unsnap"

CarolinaReaper

All the pokes and jabs about how Dodge is this or that. If you watch this and don't feel a sense of awesomeness, something is wrong with you. Dodge has their faults, but man, they consistently put out some badass, fast cars. They ain't perfect, but I love em'. MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer

All the pokes and jabs about how Dodge is this or that. If you watch this and don't feel a sense of awesomeness, something is wrong with you. Dodge has their faults, but man, they consistently put out some badass, fast cars. They ain't perfect, but I love em'. MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
Yes , all 3 nameplate Dodge's are good looking and can be outfitted to 700 HP.
There may be another Dakota this year coming , but it will be a 'Ram' product.
and yes, Chevy and Ford are producing some big time motors now also.

willb

Eight Pointer
thats not all true but i spent $550 on a new caliper until i figured it out