Public Land Challenge Pisgah National Forest Oct. 22-24, 2021

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Y'all let me know what I need to bring.
Gun, ammo, food, tent, sleeping bag, clothes, cookstove or something, etc, things like that. On the muzzleloader hunt in Pisgah Oct. 8-10, most people also contributed something to be shared by all. One person brought dry firewood, several people brought food to share, several people cooked food for everybody in camp on Saturday night, etc. Just to give you an idea.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
It looks like I'm going to be able to make it. Won't be able to get there until Saturday afternoon due to work. Y'all let me know what I need to bring. I'm really looking forward to this putting faces to names and good camp atmosphere.
Just what you plan on hunting with, thick skin, and a really really good tale of a 35lb gobbler that just barely got away. We'll likely keep things simple since most only be there 1 night and cleaning squirrels and such. maybe hot dog chip type supper with good warm fire pits yapping. I'm going up to hunt Mon morning ginna try get bit head count see exactly where we can camp big enough for all. Are you familiar with Pisgah off 181?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So just trying get head count on who gonna show up to make sure got big enough spot for all so speak up if you coming.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Just what you plan on hunting with, thick skin, and a really really good tale of a 35lb gobbler that just barely got away. We'll likely keep things simple since most only be there 1 night and cleaning squirrels and such. maybe hot dog chip type supper with good warm fire pits yapping. I'm going up to hunt Mon morning ginna try get bit head count see exactly where we can camp big enough for all. Are you familiar with Pisgah off 181?
I've definitely got thick skin lol. Sounds like I'm gonna need to bring my extra tall boots for all the turkey tales. I'm somewhat familiar with that area but not extremely familiar.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Could I try out one of your .22 lr pistols? Like just shoot it a couple times at a paper target in camp to see how it shoots and see if I like it? People have said I should get one for trapping, but I haven't had the opportunity to try one out. I could fix one of those Hank Shaw recipes for you to try in exchange or something. Or give you some .22 lr pistol bullets if I could find any here.

Thoughts?
Don’t give him squat! When I sent him home with my 10/22, I sent plenty of ammo with him. Tell him I said you could use my ammo. 😁

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So here is a plan gonna be camping on upper creek this coming wknd I'll be there Fri by noon till Sun night or Mon morning. Directions are exactly same as muzzloader hunt except if coming north on 181 don't turn left onto steele creek but go may be 2 seconds further will see on right mile marker 17 take that right onto forest rd 982 go till cross 1 lane bridge that goes over upper creek and take immediate left onto forest rd 197 go till end gonna try get last spot on right I'll hang up some orange flag tape so you'll k ow in right place. When turn off 181 there is few feet pavement before turns gravel go slow as there is drop off at transition from pave to gravel. No way to get lost forest rd 982 is gated off so if miss left turn after bridge you gotta come back there is open gate at forest rd 197. If this doesn't work for anyone let me know figured there is lot land down there to squirrel hunt so don't have drive far or at all can hunt right out of camp. No rain this time temps upper 60s day mid 40s night will be cool will have fire.