Capt Kirk launches

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm just glad he has some folks with him so him. At that age, he might have trouble finding his way back without help.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Should have held out for Musk and Space X and gotten a few actual orbits in.....but all in all a great thing to see Capt Kirk going to the edge of space. I would take that ride in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Fatkid

Eight Pointer
That was pretty amazing. I wonder if Amazon is going to do a promotional space flight for the 100th trillion customer or something?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Best part is watching the rocket come back down and land, looks like the capsule hits pretty hard though
There's a blast of compressed air that fires just before impact. Slows and softens the landing. But makes a yuuge dust cloud. Even without it, they're only going around 15 mph.

BTW...I love that they use imperial units. Pisses off the elitist pricks in the chat.

Fatkid

Eight Pointer
Kinda like passenger planes in the 30s and 40s. And we all know that went absolutely nowhere.
Better start applying for those outer space preference points. Hopefully Visa will soon offer a “space miles” rewards card as well.

PS don’t forget your vaccine passport.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
I bet that guy that opened the hatch and stuck his head in said “Whew !!!!! Which one of you crapped ? “ And all of them raised their hand . Kirk probably had his turn signal on the whole time .

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I do have to say that photoshopped pic looks more like harvey weinstein than it does william shatner.