Laughter Is The Best Medicine

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Trailers are a piece of cake. Hay wagons and gravity wagons separate the men from the boys.

Yep, especially when backing a regular trailer is just second nature...
I've backed em all my life, but when I have the gravity wagon hooked to the picker, which is towed by the tractor, I just find an area to make a circle in instead of attempting to back. Not sure what all I'd screw up with that move.. 😁🤗

*edited to add the tractor as the puller for both other pieces....

Last edited:

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm good with trailers but I'm always impressed with how some can back tandems and farm trailers.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, especially when backing a regular trailer is just second nature...
I've backed em all my life, but when I have the gravity wagon hooked to the picker, which is towed by the tractor, I just find an area to make a circle in instead of attempting to back. Not sure what all I'd screw up with that move.. 😁🤗

*edited to add the tractor as the puller for both other pieces....
My uncle could back a tractor/square baler/hay wagon into the pole barn. I tried in once.... gave up and drove around and pulled in through the other door lol.

Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Backing a cotton wagon in a hole under a shelter can be a challenge sometimes. I was pretty good. Dad had it down pat.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Dad had me practicing with the mower and lawn trailer when I was 6 years old. He'd tell me to back it in the single car garage door, and would put a bucket about in the way to make the opening about 2/3 the size of the door opening. I got pretty good at it quickly.

Backing the wood splitter behind the truck can be entertaining to watch. Can't see it with the tailgate up, it's got a short tongue, and no reverse camera on the farm truck. All you can see is the operating handle sticking up. Dad either makes me back it or he hitches it behind the tractor so he can see it :ROFLMAO:

Boat ramps are high quality entertainment. I guess some boat owners only own a boat trailer and haven't ever backed by the mirrors before.

Long tongued trailers are much more forgiving than short tongued trailers.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
My wife used to live in Morehead. She said on weekend afternoons they'd go to Sonic and then sit at the boat ramp to watch people load and unload.
Not kidding, I have actually done that with friends on Labor day or 4th of July. Even clapped out loud for those who got it right.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife used to live in Morehead. She said on weekend afternoons they'd go to Sonic and then sit at the boat ramp to watch people load and unload.
Haha

I knew two guys in TN several years ago that would drink beer and watch a high traffic boat ramp on Kentucky lake,