Just for my Bud,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hey, @NCST8GUY - you should be with me up here in Newfoundland,,,,

no shortage of wings here,,, ordered them just so ai could take a picture,,,,

of course they were fried,,,, and served with cocktail sauce o_O:eek::cool:,,, along side the ceasar salad

could have ordered a dozen but I also ordered a meal

28FE9E94-13B9-4F03-B5B7-7B220C97EA1C.jpeg

KrisB

Ten Pointer
They don't have blue cheese in Canida?!?!?! Dobber, can you get on that please?
They don't have sweet tea in Canada. Went on a hiking/camping trip there one summer with a Canadian friend, who lived in Calgary, Alberta. We hiked and camped in Banff, saw Drumheller and the Badlands, and had an awesome time, but no Canadian I met knew what on earth I was talking about when I would ask for sweet tea at a restaurant. They finally understood when I ordered some iced tea and dumped a bunch of sugar in it one time.

Last edited:

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
They don't have sweet tea in Canada. no Canadian I met knew what on earth I was talking about when I would ask for sweet tea at a restaurant.
Yep, when I went caribou hunting we stayed in Montreal overnight.
Tried to order sweet tea with a meal....No sweet tea, only hot raspberry tea.
I said no thank you.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
They don't have sweet tea in Canada. Went on a hiking/camping trip there one summer with a Canadian friend, who lived in Calgary, Albert. We hiked and camped in Banff, saw Drumheller and the Badlands, and had an awesome time, but no Canadian I met knew what on earth I was talking about when I would ask for sweet tea at a restaurant. They finally understood when I ordered some iced tea and dumped a bunch of sugar in it one time.

It ain't just the canucks. My MRS ONLY drinks unsweet tea. You get below S GA or west of TN, and order that, and you'll get either room temp clear water and a tea bag, or brown water period. And NONE of it is "brewed". She always spits it out and orders a soda pop.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
It ain't just the canucks. My MRS ONLY drinks unsweet tea. You get below S GA or west of TN, and order that, and you'll get either room temp clear water and a tea bag, or brown water period. And NONE of it is "brewed". She always spits it out and orders a soda pop.

Yep.....they don't even drink it in Texas

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Before getting covid, I drank sweet tea and water. Never lost my taste but it screwed me up on drinking tea. I’ve been straightened out for a few weeks and it just doesn’t taste the same. I ordered it a couple times and couldn’t even drink it.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns

Blasphemy!! lol

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Y’all know you can get sweet tea at McDonald’s don’t ya? Tis a life saver while traveling(y)

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Y’all know you can get sweet tea at McDonald’s don’t ya? Tis a life saver while traveling(y)
That may be the only thing worth darkening a McDonald's for. Cracker Barrel was my respite of choice when I spent a few years in college outside of the southern safety zone. Not only do they have the tea, they've got biscuits. For dinner.

But you don't have to go all the way to Canada to outrun sweet tea, there's quite a few places just in VA that look at you sideways when you order it.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
well, let's be fair. you guys fry fresh seafood too.
I have no idea how some of you drink that tea. I would send most NORMAL 🤣 people into a diabetic shock. I love tea but when the ratio of sugar and water is the same, it's not tea. lol

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Tea as sweet as can be made is how it aught to be. And @QBD2 , touting McDonald's sweet tea is on par with saying "City BBQ is a good alternative for Stephensons when traveling."

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Tea as sweet as can be made is how it aught to be.
A couple of years ago, we had a fund-raiser at our hunting club. We paired up with the local horse council to sponsor a trail ride. Part of the deal was that lunch was served to all riders. The guy serving the sweet tea didn't realize that he was serving a commercial concentrated syrup. He was supposed to mix a gallon of it with 5 or 6 gallons of water, before he poured it over ice, but he didn't get the message. I think he served up about 3 gallons of that stuff before somebody said "That tea is a might sweet, ain't it?"