Missed NCWRC Deer Processing Webinar

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I signed up for this NCWRC webinar w/ Deet the Biologist & received the confirmation email w/ the code to access. Unfortunately I was unable to join in @ the assigned time. I have processed entire deer myself many times before, but thought this would be an interesting & informative watch. Especially, since there are so many different slants to processing. My question, does anyone know how to access & watch the recorded webinar after the original live date?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
the website says a recording is available to all registrants

I'd reach out to the POC listed (Walter James)

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
If you’ve field dressed a deer yourself, don’t bother. That’s was >95% of that. I asked one question about law and they acted shocked and gave me an “it’s probably legal” answer. I’m always looking to further my knowledge but this was a supreme waste for anyone not entirely new to deer hunting.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
If you’ve field dressed a deer yourself, don’t bother. That’s was >95% of that. I asked one question about law and they acted shocked and gave me an “it’s probably legal” answer. I’m always looking to further my knowledge but this was a supreme waste for anyone not entirely new to deer hunting.
Well then I probably will not bother. I thought maybe I would learn something new about cutting up the meat for freezer packaging. Field dressing I know, other than that trick a buddy uses to remove the inside tenderloins w/out even gutting the deer.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I was really shocked when it took so long with dressing and then the “processing” was like, ‘ here’s a picture of what each primal cut is, any questions? Have a good night.’ Figured I’d glean at least one new idea or something. Nope.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Well, it did state it was a basic introduction for beginning deer hunters. I have been to to some of the other NCWRC deer & turkey seminars @ Bass Pro in Concord & they were interesting enough & worth the time w/ factual handouts, etc. This ...... Covid has everything ...... up! Sorry!!! Just venting.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Deet James mission is to get new non hunting adults into hunting. I think it is a great idea but the courses he puts on would be too elementary for most on this board.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Watch “how to butcher a deer at home” by Scott Rae on YouTube shows a lot of extra cuts you can do when butchering a deer