Newfoundland Semi-Live,,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Earl and I headed North by North East this afternoon to get a few miles in,,, now at a hotel somewhere in mid-Virginia,,, I have a short window to get across the border

I do believe I jumped all the necessary hoops to make my way into the Land of Dobber,,, it don't sound like much, but it's all time sensitive
  • did my vaccines this summer in prep for this boondoggle (and to keep wife from fussing on them)
  • completed the applications for various provinces
  • did my Covid test earlier today (negative Baby :party:)
  • completed the "ArriveCan" app for border crossing
  • did my weapon paperwork
  • got all my stuff packed,,,and loaded
I should cross the border from Maine to New Brunswick on Friday,,, catch the ferry out of Nova Scotia for the 7+hour boat ride on Saturday,,, and then get to camp on Sunday,, leisurely drive with some dog training on the way,,,

don't know what comms I'll have, but I'll update as I can once I get up there,,, if nothing else but so I can keep in touch

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Earl and I headed North by North East this afternoon to get a few miles in,,, now at a hotel somewhere in mid-Virginia,,, I have a short window to get across the border

I do believe I jumped all the necessary hoops to make my way into the Land of Dobber,,, it don't sound like much, but it's all time sensitive
  • did my vaccines this summer in prep for this boondoggle (and to keep wife from fussing on them)
  • completed the applications for various provinces
  • did my Covid test earlier today (negative Baby :party:)
  • completed the "ArriveCan" app for border crossing
  • did my weapon paperwork
  • got all my stuff packed,,,and loaded
I should cross the border from Maine to New Brunswick on Friday,,, catch the ferry out of Nova Scotia for the 7+hour boat ride on Saturday,,, and then get to camp on Sunday,, leisurely drive with some dog training on the way,,,

don't know what comms I'll have, but I'll update as I can once I get up there,,, if nothing else but so I can keep in touch

Be safe ! And ENJOY !

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
You taking the day time or night time ferry? seats aren't so bad you can't get some sleep, unless you luck out and get a room. Also a bit of advice - if your home trip is already booked and you tag out early, make the call to get on an earlier ferry, they aren't normally that full and should be able to do that. We did that on our way home, it was stay a night in hotel in NFLD and then ferry the next day, or make the call, sleep on the boat that night. We made it with a half hour to spare for the night trip.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t mention “ketchup tater chips” to the hot US Border Patrol lady on your way back in at the I95 crossing. She will look at you like you’ve got 5 eyeballs. Thought dad was going to get us cavity searched on the way back in a few years ago.

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Would love to visit again. Last trip I made to the Rock there was remnants of a hurricane coming up east coast of US. We got a cabin on the Smallwood ferry. Rocked me right to sleep. Our group took 4 caribou One moose and many ptarmigan and snipe. Good luck and safe travels.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
take lots of pics please. that area is on the bucket list.
I think I've only made it across the border twice without being searched. I chalked it up to being so purdy....🤣🤣🤣