Weight penalty

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
After our hunt this weekend I realized I was more than happy to pay a weight penalty on my sleeping bag and pad. I slept that good 8.5hrs every night. Having a charging bank is really nice too. Where are you guys picking comfort over weight.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Faced a tough choice recently. I chose comfort and paid the weight penalty. If you’re getting food already what will the appetizer hurt really?

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Dang I threw in my crap comment as a marker of sorts and had high hopes of learning something.
What pack do you use? Im looking at an exo mtn. I’m seriously gonna invest in that style of hunting. It was so much fun.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Lol. Ah it’s ok. I use a stone glacier but I think it’s all on individual fitment. My pack is a little heavy but not major. Just considering where comfort is more important than weight

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m sold on hammocks, but you have to have trees. They shine in warmer temps, when you don’t need as much insulation, but I’ve used them down to freezing, and friends have gone lower.

To me, they are a lot faster than a tent and are more comfortable than anything on the ground.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I’m sold on hammocks, but you have to have trees. They shine in warmer temps, when you don’t need as much insulation, but I’ve used them down to freezing, and friends have gone lower.

To me, they are a lot faster than a tent and are more comfortable than anything on the ground.
I like my hammock. This past weekend was the first time I had used it below 60 degrees. Good pad and I was plenty warm.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
After our hunt this weekend I realized I was more than happy to pay a weight penalty on my sleeping bag and pad. I slept that good 8.5hrs every night. Having a charging bank is really nice too. Where are you guys picking comfort over weight.
I'm sorry, weight penalty ? There is a certain weight you can't be over for camping now ??

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I'm sorry, weight penalty ? There is a certain weight you can't be over for camping now ??
No just somethings are lighter and serve the same purpose. Just less comfortable. Are you willing to carry more weight for comfort or less comfort for a lighter pack

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
I’m sorry it took me so long. I kinda lost track of this thread with other stuff. I hunt WNC mountains. Mostly Jackson, Macon and Haywood counties. Looking at a few others now
No problem. Understand. You're up in the mountains. Very nice up there. Lot of land. Wish i was closer.