The mental deficit of the youth is pathetic

CarolinaReaper

I’m a little biased. But I feel like the last generation that had ANY common sense were those of us born in the early to mid 90’s. 99% of the 2000+ kids are absolutely idiotic.

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
One of my sons dated a girl in high school that was VERY attractive, but dumb as a stump. He told me that when she saw a map of the USA like the one below, she asked him "Why is Alaska so cold, and Hawaii nice and warm? I mean, they're so close together, why is the weather so different?"

Thankfully, my son ended the relationship shortly afterwards. This girl would have been born in 1986, making her 35 years old now. I wonder if she understands where Hawaii and Alaska are in relation to the lower 48 now. :unsure:USMap.png

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Cell phones have made people dumber, just what the gov wants. Had an older guy that i always thought was really smart tell me years back that the internet can be a good or bad thing depending on how it's used.
Now i think the internet does alot of good things almost all of the unrest/distrust in this country is spread by the internet, and with younger gen that means phones....look at all the RIOTS, everyone has a phone spreading hate and distrust.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
If you think these youth in the posted Q&A video are ignorant🥴,wait until some of those children that are not going to school now because of Covid, become there age. I am thinking alot of those that are supposedly "home schooling" don't even crack a book or see a computer screen on a daily basis. The future of our nation is scary.😥

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I always laugh when the "older" generation talks bad about the "younger" generation and their attitude, intelligence, etc..... Man, you taught them that, or created the environment

The working age people invent the smart phone, then complain about kids burying their face in it :confused:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife complains about her 1st graders that can't do kindergarten work. Last year screwed a lot of kids over but it's not all the kids fault, a lot of it is the system's fault. The system is broke beyond repair.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Society as a whole is failing , all the kids I see a big lack of , respect , guidance , structure and discipline in kids not even close to the way I was raised or my kids who are 21-22 Sad

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I would venture to say blame the parents, not the teachers. Teaching can be a thankless job.
That’s why I said and. I will absolutely blame teachers when simple questions, such as the ones in the video, can’t be answered by anyone over 10 years old.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
If you think these youth in the posted Q&A video are ignorant🥴,wait until some of those children that are not going to school now because of Covid, become there age. I am thinking alot of those that are supposedly "home schooling" don't even crack a book or see a computer screen on a daily basis. The future of our nation is scary.😥
Worked with a guy whose wife “homeschooled” the kids. One time I had to drive him home from
Work and the boy was in the yard. I asked him what he did for school work that day and he had no idea what I was talking about. He said I don’t go to school. I said well yeah but your mom home schools you. He said no I do whatever I want while she drinks all day . Them kids didn’t stand a chance