Lost all my gear

Zoa

Four Pointer
Hey y'all.

My tailgate fell down this morning somewhere between Lindley Mill Road in Alamance County and Hamlets Chapel in Chatham. A plastic bin with all my hunting gear in it fell out and was not there when I came back to look twenty minutes later. I don't have a complete tally of what was in there, but at a bare minimum there was a Cruzr XC saddle, with an extra bridge on it, plus all the accompanying ropes, drill, bolts, pruners, a Halo X450 range finder, a Predator platform, a OOAL Scout platform, a mini deer hoist system, knee pads, headlamps, two Morakniv Companion skinning knives, an Outdoor Edge Flip'in'Zip, a bunch of screw in bow hangers, wool gloves, Vortex binoculars, and, most aggravatingly, a brand new never used Tactacam 5.0 camera with remote and Insta360 One X2 with external battery. Wanted to get some memories on film for myself this season. If anyone happens to see any of that for sale somewhere, or, hope against hope, some kind-hearted person picked it up to keep it from getting stolen I 'd really appreciate someone letting me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Hey y'all.

My tailgate fell down this morning somewhere between Lindley Mill Road in Alamance County and Hamlets Chapel in Chatham. A plastic bin with all my hunting gear in it fell out and was not there when I came back to look twenty minutes later. I don't have a complete tally of what was in there, but at a bare minimum there was a Cruzr XC saddle, with an extra bridge on it, plus all the accompanying ropes, drill, bolts, pruners, a Halo X450 range finder, a Predator platform, a OOAL Scout platform, a mini deer hoist system, knee pads, headlamps, two Morakniv Companion skinning knives, an Outdoor Edge Flip'in'Zip, a bunch of screw in bow hangers, wool gloves, and, most aggravatingly, a brand new never used Tactacam 5.0 with remote and Insta360 One X2 with external battery. Wanted to get some memories on film for myself this season. If anyone happens to see any of that for sale somewhere, or, hope against hope, some kind-hearted person picked it up to keep it from getting stolen I 'd really appreciate someone letting me know.

Thanks.

Maybe retrace your route again with someone in the passenger seat? I bet it slid out when you were rounding a corner and slid off the road.

I’ve had this happen more than once with coolers.

Zoa

Four Pointer
Maybe retrace your route again with someone in the passenger seat? I bet it slid out when you were rounding a corner and slid off the road.

I’ve had this happen more than once with coolers.
Done it twice already, thanks though

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Dang, I don't even know what much of that stuff is. Sorry about losing it all. Tough timing as well, with the season just getting underway.

Probably the earliest thing I can remember from my childhood was around the mid 1960's when dad was taking the TV to get fixed (yes, kids, we used to fix TV's). You know, the big console ones that came in a wooden cabinet? I was riding in the bed of the truck with the TV when it rolled out and busted as we were headed down the highway. I can still see it splattering and coming apart in the ditch. And dad came back an hour later and couldn't find any parts then, either.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Lot of roads in between the two, what roads did you take? I’ll ask folks I know and ride a few on my way home after baling.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You'd be surprised. Had a buddy of mine lose an entire hitch hauler, two deer, and a cooler last year on a drive from Granville to Johnston counties.
A good friend lost his trailer which had a cooler and 4 wheeler on it on his way to the hunting camp. He found it in the median about 30 miles back still attached to his trailer ball which had the nut back off of it. He never knew it until he pulled into the yard of the camp.
It can happen...

Zoa

Four Pointer
Lot of roads in between the two, what roads did you take? I’ll ask folks I know and ride a few on my way home after baling.
Old Switchboard, Newlin, Greenhill, Russell, Mt. Olive, Chicken Bridge, River Road. I VERY much appreciate it, but don't go out of your way, I'm about to ride em for the third time.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
WOW....when I am pulling a trailer, I look back every minute or so. If it is dark I tap the breaks or turn cargo light on so I can see.
A good friend lost his trailer which had a cooler and 4 wheeler on it on his way to the hunting camp. He found it in the median about 30 miles back still attached to his trailer ball which had the nut back off of it. He never knew it until he pulled into the yard of the camp.
It can happen.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm so sorry this happened. It should serve as a reminder to us all to have some sort of identification on the container or certain items so if the right person finds it they know who to call. Several years ago my brother lost a pile of stuff off of his trailer on some highway. A state patrolman found the things and saw contact information on I think his sleeping bag and called my brother. If it had no name among it all the things would never have found their way home. I hope somehow you get your stuff back.

Zoa

Four Pointer
I'm so sorry this happened. It should serve as a reminder to us all to have some sort of identification on the container or certain items so if the right person finds it they know who to call. Several years ago my brother lost a pile of stuff off of his trailer on some highway. A state patrolman found the things and saw contact information on I think his sleeping bag and called my brother. If it had no name among it all the things would never have found their way home. I hope somehow you get your stuff back.
Good advice. I'm definitely doing that from now on. It has my tags in it but I doubt anyone's gonna look me up by my WRC number.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
This was in the daylight too, early afternoon, tons of traffic on I-65 just out of Montgomery , AL. He was a very lucky fella.

That reminds me of the time one of my brothers rolled another brother’s bowling ball out of his car on 65.

It rolled pretty well for a bit, then it started bouncing. It didn’t survive the bouncing.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I lost a pack one time with less than that and it made me want to throw up. Left it on gamelands beside the truck and drove off, best I can tell. Turns my stomach reading your list. That’s a whole lot more gear than I lost.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I got several buddies who frequent that Lindley mill road area. I screenshot your post and sent it to them.