Hunting Shows

chesson

Twelve Pointer
Anyone still watch them? If so, what shows do you watch and why? Would also be interested in what platform you watch your show on!

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I’ve been trying. I like bowhunt or die alright. The hunting public lost me when the hippy kid “guessed” where the deer was in the high grass and shot. Boy he got lucky. Morons.

They are all just ads and then they’ll have commercials as if it isn’t one already.

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
Mostly YouTube ...
Lindsey Way deer hunting
Whitetail Edge
Midwest Whitetail
Anything Drury - mostly deercast content

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I consume most of what MeatEater produces: podcast, Das Boat, and Rinella's show on NetFlix. I think he's a much more cerebral hunter and caretaker of wild game than most personalities in the hunting TV world.

Also enjoy catching Shockey's shows when on...

1ylab

Six Pointer
Meat eater, Jim Shockey, Hunting Public, Bubba Rountree and Untamed all on YouTube.... most of rest suck and won't watch them if you paid me.

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I like Meateater shows but mainly podcast. I like the hunting shows because they are not plugging products the whole show and don’t focus on trophy animals all the time. A lot of the hunts are unsuccessful but good shows. They focus on cooking and utilizing the game meat well as well.

Seek One is pretty good on YouTube. Unique urban hunts.

Last edited:

slugoo

Eight Pointer
Meat eater and hunting public. I sometimes watch "Sean's Outdoors Adventures". The rest of them seem so boring or repetitive. I want to actually learn something and most don't fulfill that want.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No longer have satellite so I watch most of mine off youtube. Hunting Public and Mountain Deer mostly. I watch Carolina All Out mostly when it's hunting and Grow Deer. I do from time to time just pick a specific topic and just run show after show about it.... ie rattling bucks.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
all i got is youtube and netflix now. so meateater, Hunting Public, Catman outdoors, Seekone, the untamed, hushin', and brian call: gritty (they havent posted many hunting videos this year) and whatever other random hunting show pops up on youtube in suggested videos.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
The hippie guy on THP has about ruined it for me. Yelling, running around like a methed-up idiot, silly all the time, etc. They'd be better off without him. Let him make his own Woodstock hippie show. Meat eater on Netflix is great. Stickboys is pretty decent as well as Catman. The rest is nothing but ego's and advertisements, IMO.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bubba Rountree Outdoors, The Untamed, B N B Outdoors, Dave and the Pinhoti Project all on youtube. Midwest Whitetail on their app.

Used to like the Hunting Public but not anymore.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I guess my favorite is Crossroads with the Burton's. Mainly for Brandy's cooking segment. I prefer my chair in front of the tv as opposed to out on a platform

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I still watch THP. Am disappointed by their decision to join at the hip with Troy Fowler.

As for Zach being a goofball, that's part of the show. Since it's all online, I just skip over the parts that are uninteresting to me. Some folks love Dan and The Hunting Beast. I am not one of them...I don't like hunting swamps and simply don't find it entertaining or useful.

I used to really like Midwest Whitetail...but I can't watch it anymore now that Bill Winke is gone. He WAS Midwest Whitetail to me.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone still watch them? If so, what shows do you watch and why? Would also be interested in what platform you watch your show on!

I’ll watch the entertaining meateater episodes or on YouTube or solo hunter. I’ve watched a few hunting public episodes.

Generally, I can’t take all the fist pumping from most of hunting shows. For goodness sake, you shot a dumb bird or a rat on stilts, you should be thankful instead of acting like you just singlehandedly defeated the Huns is a little much. I’ve seen some of these guys cry, pump their fist and shout “yeah baby!” over and over.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I’ll watch the entertaining meateater episodes or on YouTube or solo hunter. I’ve watched a few hunting public episodes.

Generally, I can’t take all the fist pumping from most of hunting shows. For goodness sake, you shot a dumb bird or a rat on stilts, you should be thankful instead of acting like you just singlehandedly defeated the Huns is a little much. I’ve seen some of these guys cry, pump their fist and shout “yeah baby!” over and over.
Glad I’m not on video then! I get just plumb tore up sometimes. Especially when I mess up once every few years and manage to get a gobbler.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
THP, Catman,Shane Simpson,DIY Sportsman,Tethrd,Meateater,Solo Hunter, & a few others on YT... I used to watch Growing Deer every week, just don’t relate to the private land content much anymore.Same with the Drurys.

If you have issues with Zach, some of y’all are some stuffy old farts.. & I consider my self to be a serious person 99% of the time. After listening to the podcasts & interviews they have done, it’s pretty clear that he simply enjoys the outdoors. And yeah some of it could be hamming it up for the camera, but if you look at some of the intensity in the hunting, they are having fun.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
THP, Catman,Shane Simpson,DIY Sportsman,Tethrd,Meateater,Solo Hunter, & a few others on YT... I used to watch Growing Deer every week, just don’t relate to the private land content much anymore.Same with the Drurys.

If you have issues with Zach, some of y’all are some stuffy old farts.. & I consider my self to be a serious person 99% of the time. After listening to the podcasts & interviews they have done, it’s pretty clear that he simply enjoys the outdoors. And yeah some of it could be hamming it up for the camera, but if you look at some of the intensity in the hunting, they are having fun.
Only problem I have/had was the guessing and shooting.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The Hunting Public and Red Arrow are the main ones that I watch. I watch them on You Tube on my smart TV.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Pinhoti on MoGo is about all I watch. I liked Chasing November, but it’s gone downhill. I also like most anything Randy Newburg does. I ain’t paying to see any of it tho…

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I guess you cant talk about TV shows around here without giving a nod to The Southern Sportsman. I grew up watching The Southern Sportsman and enjoyed how Frank, with the department store music in the background, would narrate the video so it was more personal narrative. From what I remember no video had audio. There are several shows of bad quality on Youtube but enjoy watching them.

As in personal narrative I mean Frank would narrate his experience with stuff like 'Here we are out on Core Banks in November and the wind was blowing sideways but my friend Robert from Harkers Island called me on the phone a couple of days ahead and said the drum bite couldn't be better so we came down and got a few rooms at the local hotel and took the ferry over ...and that is my good freind Joe Smith from Greenville and let me tell you his wife Sally is a heck of a wing shooter.. We went to North Dakota a couple years back and she out shot everyone, she also makes a heck of a crab stew.. Anyway the water was cold and Joe took a couple of waves over the waders....etc.."

Last edited:

704Josh

Four Pointer
Many I watch on YouTube already mentioned but I’ll throw in a few more.

Born and raised outdoors
Billy molls adventures
Stuck N the rut

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Call me old fashion, but can't stand the heavy rock music in the background of most of the hunting & fishing shows nowadays. Give me good old Roger Raglin anyday.

fishing guys do this too.

and some pretty good low budget fishing videos on YouTube are unwatchable because of wind noise.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I guess you cant talk about TV shows around here without giving a nod to The Southern Sportsman. I grew up watching The Southern Sportsman and enjoyed how Frank would narrate the video so it was more personable. From what I remember no video had audio. There are several shows of bad quality on Youtube but enjoy watching them.

As in personable I mean Frank would narrate with stuff like 'Here we are out on Core Banks in November and the wind was blowing sideways but my friend Robert from Harkers Island called me on the phone a couple of days ahead and said the drum bite couldn't be better so we came down and got a few rooms at the local hotel, ...and that is Joe Smith from Greenville and let me tell you his wife Sally is a heck of a wing shooter.. We went to North Dakota a couple years back and she out shot everyone, she also makes a heck of a crab stew.. Anyway the water was cold and Joe took a couple of waves over the waders....etc.."

I like that. It’s like the old surf or ski movies with Bruce Brown or Warren Miller.