Past great hounds

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Two hounds I loved D's Stroker # 45 and D's Crystal #17. Crystal was the matriarch of my pack. Her genes still show strong in our pack. Line breed this last litter is showing her and Slam's(her littermate) traits. I lost the blood line of Stroker. Still fond of red dogs though. IMG_20210908_211047018.jpgIMG_20210908_211005223.jpg
I couldn't leave D's Slam out had to add him in he was Crystal's litter mate.
received_868480353807726.jpeg

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Here are the pups with similar markings of their great grand mother and great grandfather who were litter mates and line breed to get these. received_383443626707459.jpegreceived_6012606172142719.jpeg
Tinkerbell loves to play in the water.

Attachments

• received_4091759327616587.jpeg
    received_4091759327616587.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
It seems very ironic that Crystal and Slam were the only two to survive after their mother also died when they were just days old. I bought them at about 9 weeks old.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I do miss my trips to Poole's. Spent a many a weekend up there. Some really great folks that hunt up there: Opie Kennels, Clibornes, Adams, Hill City, Bill Borum, Wade Lucy, Kelly Meadows, Kenny Lewis, Chris Harrison, Tootie Pride.....and many more. I have not been there in over 20 years so I know I am leaving some really good houndsmen, and more importantly good people, out. Celebrated my daughters 1st birthday up there. She thought all vacations were at Poole's for the first several years of her life.

Reactions: DRS

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I do miss my trips to Poole's. Spent a many a weekend up there. Some really great folks that hunt up there: Opie Kennels, Clibornes, Adams, Hill City, Bill Borum, Wade Lucy, Kelly Meadows, Kenny Lewis, Chris Harrison, Tootie Pride.....and many more. I have not been there in over 20 years so I know I am leaving some really good houndsmen, and more importantly good people, out. Celebrated my daughters 1st birthday up there. She thought all vacations were at Poole's for the first several years of her life.
Had to chuckle a bit about vacations and your daughter. That just means she loved it too. I haven't been to a field trial in about 7 years. I had pretty much quit 4 or 5 years before that last one.