Franchi she’ll problem

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
Seeing if anyone else has a quick fix solution. I’m going to contact them Wednesday but had a problem dove opener. I have a franchi intensity that probably has 600 round through it. Never had a problem except a misfire a time or two. Took it out dove opener and got 6 shots off before my shells in the tube wouldn’t stay without the slightest movement. I’ve been reading online but seeing if anyone had solutions. Took the gun apart for a good cleaning (which it had after last duck season). It looks like I’ll have to replace the release button/ shell holder latch.
luckily the day wasn’t a bust cause last second decided to bring the o/u too. After cleaning it I took another shot and tried to load them but still same problem.

jparsons14

Four Pointer
Just curious did you modify the carrier latch to try and make loading easier? I have the additional itt and it is a pain to load because of the carrier latch.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
It appears you have either a malfunctioning release button OR there’s a piece of debris or gunk in the mechanism causing the shell stop not to fully engage. You’ll want to pull the trigger group out, take a good look at the release “guts”, and deep clean inside of the release mechanism with a pick, toothbrush, compressed air ….whatever you have that might dislodge any foreign material in it. You’d be amazed what kind of stuff in the field that can get in behind it and cause a problem.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
It appears you have either a malfunctioning release button OR there’s a piece of debris or gunk in the mechanism causing the shell stop not to fully engage. You’ll want to pull the trigger group out, take a good look at the release “guts”, and deep clean inside of the release mechanism with a pick, toothbrush, compressed air ….whatever you have that might dislodge any foreign material in it. You’d be amazed what kind of stuff in the field that can get in behind it and cause a problem.
Had a piece of foam/fuzz that I assume came from the case gumming up one of mine once. Not a franchi but all the same.

cootmayne

Button Buck
Seeing if anyone else has a quick fix solution. I’m going to contact them Wednesday but had a problem dove opener. I have a franchi intensity that probably has 600 round through it. Never had a problem except a misfire a time or two. Took it out dove opener and got 6 shots off before my shells in the tube wouldn’t stay without the slightest movement. I’ve been reading online but seeing if anyone had solutions. Took the gun apart for a good cleaning (which it had after last duck season). It looks like I’ll have to replace the release button/ shell holder latch.
luckily the day wasn’t a bust cause last second decided to bring the o/u too. After cleaning it I took another shot and tried to load them but still same problem.
My buddy's Franchi did the same thing last year. Pretty sure he ended up replacing the shell release button and that whole mechanism and new spring. Call Franchi they will send you the parts.