Cool old hunting pic

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Below is a News and Observer cover from 70 years ago. Article is about Rainbow Gun Club in Bertie County. My Great Grand Father is in the picture. Rainbow is still active and we are one of the top five oldest gun clubs in North Carolina. We started in the early 1900s.
2F93F428-9BF0-4F45-A77B-E5A6A6EF4B94.jpeg2F93F428-9BF0-4F45-A77B-E5A6A6EF4B94.jpeg

Last edited:

Hoss

Eight Pointer
Below is a News and Observer cover from 70 years ago. Article is about Rainbow Gun Club in Bertie County. My Great Grand Father is in the picture. Rainbow is still active and we are one of the top five oldest gun clubs in North Carolina. We started in the early 1900s.
View attachment 48024View attachment 48024
The man in the lower center getting his shirt tail cut off reminded my of PD Camp hunting club in Como NC. Hunted up there with a good friend about twenty five years ago shirt tails all over the ceiling. Thanks for the post good times!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I used to work with a fella at Mount Mitchell who grew up in Surry county. He was one of the guys who really got me fired up when I was a new outdoorsman. This is a picture of his father. I can’t remember what year but I think it’s a great pic
View attachment 48026

got a side mount on that ole thutty thutty............I got one but havnt got the nerve up to put it on.............

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer
My granddad, dad and his sisters in the late 30s. Granddad and dad set in trees on the full moon to get this bear that was destroying the corn crop. The bear tried to climb the tree granddad was in.
Your grandad was a straight up badass !!! I would have crapped all over myself !!