Garden woes.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Anybody’s garden already headed down hill? My tomatoes are dying, along with the squash, zucchini and cucumbers. Peppers just did finally start making fruit, but they’re headed south as well. I’m guessing all the rain we got or some disease got the better of my plants.
Also, all of my remaining tomatoes are bruising on the vine, any idea what causes that kind of spot?

Mine doing same but happens about every year. Rain probably some but the constant high humidty breeds diseases in plants like squash cucumbers and tomatoes. My second planting os squash is about done and only lasted about half as long as the first planting back in april. May plant squash again next week but to be honest about gardened out. Have about a acre here at house and another plot at back of farm same size with some late sweet corn and sunflowers. Be glad when its over and have the cover crop on it for next year

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
These days of high humidity when the air is sinking and no breeze really is hard on a lot of garden plants. If my plants are too close together it damages the leaves especially tomatoes, beans creates perfect environment for mold and wilt. Tomatoes naturally abort a lot of the lower leaves but the tops where they are blooming keeps growing on the kinds I grow,better boy, germans,supersonic. They ain't pretty but will make tomatoes until October when I'm picking them by then off a ladder. Squash, cucumbers suffer too and I'm starting a new batch of plants now. Late getting my beans and okra in but the coming along

Attachments

• 20210723_192707.jpg
    20210723_192707.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210723_192719.jpg
    20210723_192719.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210723_193108.jpg
    20210723_193108.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 14

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Anybody’s garden already headed down hill? My tomatoes are dying, along with the squash, zucchini and cucumbers. Peppers just did finally start making fruit, but they’re headed south as well. I’m guessing all the rain we got or some disease got the better of my plants.
Also, all of my remaining tomatoes are bruising on the vine, any idea what causes that kind of spot?

Yep, mine also.

Tomato plants sometimes I need a ladder to get the fruits. This year I'm only growing cherries and none of them are above 5 feet but all are wilting :mad:.

Squash plants gone due to vine borers.

Cukes I am pulling more than I can eat (need some cuke recipies!).

Peppers are starting to be ready to explode!!!

Oh yeah, I planted bean seeds in a pot and let it climb my water retention trellis. The vines are over 10 feet but not a single bean out of 3 stalks?!?!?!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
These days of high humidity when the air is sinking and no breeze really is hard on a lot of garden plants. If my plants are too close together it damages the leaves especially tomatoes, beans creates perfect environment for mold and wilt. Tomatoes naturally abort a lot of the lower leaves but the tops where they are blooming keeps growing on the kinds I grow,better boy, germans,supersonic. They ain't pretty but will make tomatoes until October when I'm picking them by then off a ladder. Squash, cucumbers suffer too and I'm starting a new batch of plants now. Late getting my beans and okra in but the coming along

Are you removing the dead/dying mater branches by hand?

timber

Twelve Pointer
If planting collard or cabbage seed usualy try plant first week or so of August. If using plants normally end of August to first of September

timber

Twelve Pointer
Started pulling some of the late sweet corn this week. Suprisingly very few worms. Normally the will jump on later corn. We put up all we wanted back the last of June. Pulling this mainly to give away. Seems people will take it that way but if they have to pull it they not to interested. Have a few more rows that will be ready about end of month

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Started pulling some of the late sweet corn this week. Suprisingly very few worms. Normally the will jump on later corn. We put up all we wanted back the last of June. Pulling this mainly to give away. Seems people will take it that way but if they have to pull it they not to interested. Have a few more rows that will be ready about end of month

Some want you to cook it and serve their plate. lol

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns

Where you located, I'll gladly pull it myself if you offer it up and are decently close.

bigblue

Eight Pointer
Yeah, mine's already done. Got a lot of squash, zucchini, and cucumbers this year, but tomatoes didn't do so good. Got a few. I pulled it all up last week. I'm done for this year

timber

Twelve Pointer
Where you located, I'll gladly pull it myself if you offer it up and are decently close.

Im east of 95 up on VA line. Have a couple people that say they want whats left been pulling some about all week. Will see. This was ambrosia. Have some more later but differnt kind just started forming ears so going be a while. Don’t remember what kind that is not something i usually plant but still suppose to be bicolor.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Im east of 95 up on VA line. Have a couple people that say they want whats left been pulling some about all week. Will see. This was ambrosia. Have some more later but differnt kind just started forming ears so going be a while. Don’t remember what kind that is not something i usually plant but still suppose to be bicolor.

Yeah that's a haul, appreciate it though.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My tomatoes haven’t really started. Just starting to turn now. I’ve pulled 3-4. Cucumbers are starting to produce. All squash have been worst year ever. Peppers....probably best year ever. Tomatoes are looking good, just late coming.

Redman6

Four Pointer
What’s your spaghetti sauce recipe?
I really have no idea as the wife throws stuff in and then adjust to taste. Don't get me wrong on the involvement as it is labor intensive just to get the point of cooking the sauce. We do put in onions and green pepper but not sue on all the spices.

timber

Twelve Pointer
We use the Mrs Wages pasta sauce and chili mix we probably canned 30 to 35 quarts of each plus a bunch of regular canned tomatoes. Tryed canning the tomatoes with wages salsa mix a few years ago didn’t care for that

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Still thinking about canning peppers later this year. All my cherry mater plants are wilting. I would love to plant new squash and zukes but cant find any ready to plant in the places I shop at in Raleigh.

I'm having to use a 10 foot ladder to get my cukes lately.

Cukes 2021.jpg

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Pulled all my Sqash and zucchini except 2. I don't even see how they were still alive as they were devastated by vine borers.

I have a TON of peppers. Anybody in need of the "hot" stuff?